Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old October 18, 2011, 05:57 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 57

My System Specs

Default Galaxy Nexus (aka Nexus Prime)

Anybody else anxious to see the release of this? I love my nexus one but its getting shoved around by all the new superphones on the market. /discuss

Last edited by ad5ter; October 21, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old October 18, 2011, 06:24 AM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,617
Default

I'm anxious to see ALL the new phones today. Both Samsung and Motorola have some kick ass looking stuff coming out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old October 18, 2011, 06:26 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,582
Default

Iphone 4s has really screwed with phone releases.

Samsung G2 hasn't even made it out yet on Telus.

Prime won't be for awhile I figure.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old October 18, 2011, 06:48 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 57

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I'm anxious to see ALL the new phones today. Both Samsung and Motorola have some kick ass looking stuff coming out.
I thought the release wasn't until tomorrow, but this article kind of clears things up.

AnandTech - Samsung and Google Android Event Moved to October 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Iphone 4s has really screwed with phone releases.

Samsung G2 hasn't even made it out yet on Telus.

Prime won't be for awhile I figure.
Here's your answer to the G2 err.. I think you meant S2? coming to Telus:

TELUS to release the Samsung Galaxy S II X October 19th? | MobileSyrup.com
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old October 18, 2011, 06:55 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,582
Default

Hmm well if it is tomorrow that would be cool! My Touch Pro needs a bad upgrade.

I'd much rather have the Prime as that phone imho is gonna kick ass but release date is really unknown.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old October 18, 2011, 07:08 AM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,483

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Hmm well if it is tomorrow that would be cool! My Touch Pro needs a bad upgrade.

I'd much rather have the Prime as that phone imho is gonna kick ass but release date is really unknown.
The worst is they just keep saying "this winter" too...WTH does that mean? In a world that uses quarters to announce releases, saying 'this winter' is akin to saying 'sometime within the next half year'.

oh well. I'm going to wait it out patiently, and upgrade my iPhone 4 to it. So the longer the wait the better imo ;)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
AKG shot the hamsters, and then Perineum drove his Mustang with summer tires into the server.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old October 18, 2011, 07:10 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 57

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
The worst is they just keep saying "this winter" too...WTH does that mean? In a world that uses quarters to announce releases, saying 'this winter' is akin to saying 'sometime within the next half year'.

oh well. I'm going to wait it out patiently, and upgrade my iPhone 4 to it. So the longer the wait the better imo ;)
I agree. I patiently wait.. with my Nexus One, while everyone else in the office has Samsung Captivates... Ah well, they are all still running stock and I'm rocking out with Cyanogenmod 7... Oh and there's that guy with the Bold 9900... lulz.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old October 18, 2011, 11:18 AM
Cheator's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad5ter View Post
I agree. I patiently wait.. with my Nexus One, while everyone else in the office has Samsung Captivates... Ah well, they are all still running stock and I'm rocking out with Cyanogenmod 7... Oh and there's that guy with the Bold 9900... lulz.
the N1 is still kicking ass. Battery life needs an improvement though, so I'll be getting the Nexus Prime when its cheaper and available in Canada. Can't wait!
__________________
Optimus: Antec P180, Asus P5Q-E, E8400, 4 GB RAM, Asus 4850, Seagate 320gb, Antec TC II

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old October 18, 2011, 11:36 AM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad5ter View Post
Oh and there's that guy with the Bold 9900... lulz.
And that would be me....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old October 18, 2011, 12:25 PM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,401

My System Specs

Default

Some speculation here:
"GT-I9250M" Nexus Prime found in Wi-Fi Alliance Database, possibly heading to Canada | MobileSyrup.com

and here

"The coolest Samsung smartphone will be coming to Canada soon", we're thinking the Nexus Prime | MobileSyrup.com

Been thinking of this phone as well after Apple decided to keep the same small screen on the iPhone 4S. I can upgrade in November and I'll most likely see whats in the stores during the second week.
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hardware Canucks Is Going to PAX Prime 2010! FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 8 August 31, 2010 02:43 PM
BE 965 + prime 95 Prolab Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 0 August 6, 2010 04:46 PM
How long should I run stress tests (I use prime 95) appplejack Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 31 August 10, 2009 10:05 PM
Prime 95 Error RogerzRig Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 52 February 20, 2008 09:03 PM
4Ghz Q6600 Prime stable turtletrax CPU's and Motherboards 14 August 13, 2007 10:05 AM