Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Mobile Computing (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/)
-   -   Galaxy Nexus (aka Nexus Prime) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/47430-galaxy-nexus-aka-nexus-prime.html)

ad5ter October 18, 2011 05:57 AM

Galaxy Nexus (aka Nexus Prime)

Anybody else anxious to see the release of this? I love my nexus one but its getting shoved around by all the new superphones on the market. /discuss

SKYMTL October 18, 2011 06:24 AM

I'm anxious to see ALL the new phones today. Both Samsung and Motorola have some kick ass looking stuff coming out.

enaberif October 18, 2011 06:26 AM

Iphone 4s has really screwed with phone releases.

Samsung G2 hasn't even made it out yet on Telus.

Prime won't be for awhile I figure.

ad5ter October 18, 2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 558788)
I'm anxious to see ALL the new phones today. Both Samsung and Motorola have some kick ass looking stuff coming out.

I thought the release wasn't until tomorrow, but this article kind of clears things up.

AnandTech - Samsung and Google Android Event Moved to October 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 558789)
Iphone 4s has really screwed with phone releases.

Samsung G2 hasn't even made it out yet on Telus.

Prime won't be for awhile I figure.

Here's your answer to the G2 err.. I think you meant S2? coming to Telus:

TELUS to release the Samsung Galaxy S II X October 19th? | MobileSyrup.com

enaberif October 18, 2011 06:55 AM

Hmm well if it is tomorrow that would be cool! My Touch Pro needs a bad upgrade.

I'd much rather have the Prime as that phone imho is gonna kick ass but release date is really unknown.

Sagath October 18, 2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 558802)
Hmm well if it is tomorrow that would be cool! My Touch Pro needs a bad upgrade.

I'd much rather have the Prime as that phone imho is gonna kick ass but release date is really unknown.

The worst is they just keep saying "this winter" too...WTH does that mean? In a world that uses quarters to announce releases, saying 'this winter' is akin to saying 'sometime within the next half year'.

oh well. I'm going to wait it out patiently, and upgrade my iPhone 4 to it. So the longer the wait the better imo ;)

ad5ter October 18, 2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sagath (Post 558807)
The worst is they just keep saying "this winter" too...WTH does that mean? In a world that uses quarters to announce releases, saying 'this winter' is akin to saying 'sometime within the next half year'.

oh well. I'm going to wait it out patiently, and upgrade my iPhone 4 to it. So the longer the wait the better imo ;)

I agree. I patiently wait.. with my Nexus One, while everyone else in the office has Samsung Captivates... Ah well, they are all still running stock and I'm rocking out with Cyanogenmod 7... Oh and there's that guy with the Bold 9900... lulz.

Cheator October 18, 2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad5ter (Post 558810)
I agree. I patiently wait.. with my Nexus One, while everyone else in the office has Samsung Captivates... Ah well, they are all still running stock and I'm rocking out with Cyanogenmod 7... Oh and there's that guy with the Bold 9900... lulz.

the N1 is still kicking ass. Battery life needs an improvement though, so I'll be getting the Nexus Prime when its cheaper and available in Canada. Can't wait!

SKYMTL October 18, 2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad5ter (Post 558810)
Oh and there's that guy with the Bold 9900... lulz.

And that would be me.... :thumb:

chrisk October 18, 2011 12:25 PM

Some speculation here:
"GT-I9250M" Nexus Prime found in Wi-Fi Alliance Database, possibly heading to Canada | MobileSyrup.com

and here

"The coolest Samsung smartphone will be coming to Canada soon", we're thinking the Nexus Prime | MobileSyrup.com

Been thinking of this phone as well after Apple decided to keep the same small screen on the iPhone 4S. I can upgrade in November and I'll most likely see whats in the stores during the second week.