Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2011, 05:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

seems it was a fail, it killed steve jobs.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 5, 2011, 06:58 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Canadian developer from Quebec Fonceur on the SageTV forums makes them...here are the links that he has in his sig:

Here is a link to a post with the active links in his sig, plus some screenshots (the Android app link is in the sig):
Free iPod/iPhone/iPad application: TiSageTVRemote - SageTV Community
Thanks. I knew about the $30 version (which is way too much) but I never knew about the newer ad supported lite version.
Old October 5, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would say neither. It's an incremental upgrade with a new OS. You can't expect something revolutionary every year. Although by this time next year Apple will likely be very far behind.
Old October 6, 2011, 12:50 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I actually find the S-II size being perfect.
Old October 6, 2011, 05:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Show me an android device with Air Video and I will switch right away. Until then, I'll be an Apple zombie I guess....

If I didn't think the iPhone 4 was already damn near perfect (and if I wasn't so cheap) I'd probably get one.
Like most Apple-ites you are not able to look beyond being spoon fed what you are told you want on a device.

My little Optimus One P500h may be the bottom end of the Android world, but it does amazing things AND it is quite affordable unlike anything Apple.
Old October 6, 2011, 06:09 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Show me an android device with Air Video and I will switch right away. Until then, I'll be an Apple zombie I guess....
Tsk tsk Linus. As people have already mentioned, there are quite a few apps out there for Android devices that do pretty much the same thing.
Old October 6, 2011, 07:36 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ya, and most of them come preinstalled, such as All Share on Samsung, or Smartshare on LG.
Plus you don't have to use crappy iTunes to stream the media!
Old October 6, 2011, 09:31 AM
Top Prospect

It's a good incremental upgrade, despite the naysayers it will be the top selling phone, and by far. Marketing trumps technical superiority boys, that's why Apple is in business.
Old October 6, 2011, 09:43 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

For sure, but the problem is most of Apple's customers have become sheep because of the marketing, not because of the product itself.
They think it's the best phone when there are clearly better devices out there.

I had an iPhone (3G and 4) and don't get me wrong, the 3G was amazing and really did start the current smartphone revolution, but since the 3G, Apple's been doing the same thing over and over with nothing really revolutionary with their products.

Android took things to the next level and has been doing so at a much faster rate than Apple, the difference is Google isn't marketing their stuff as Apple does.