Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2011, 02:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Failure to me. As I already said in the apple section, looks like apple was pissed off of mot having a new phone out and just tossed some feature of a Iphone 5 in a Iphone 4 to say something in response to better phone like the Galaxy S II.

Sky, I can see your point of saying the Galaxy SII is to big but concider this, more and more people use their phone as a tablet so large phone definatly have a certain market.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 5, 2011, 02:20 PM
Allstar

As much as I dislike Apple I was pretty impressed by what they did with the 4s. Dual core processor, upgraded camera, and upgraded battery. Those are about the most important features for me considering how I use the device. I've love to go android but frankly I really do need the 5 lines of email that my iPhone can show me and I do like the calendar better. As those are the things I use the most, I can't make the switch just yet. I know there are some extra software features but those don't really interest me too much. So I have to say I'm liking the refresh overall.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old October 5, 2011, 02:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
As much as I dislike Apple I was pretty impressed by what they did with the 4s. Dual core processor, upgraded camera, and upgraded battery. Those are about the most important features for me considering how I use the device. I've love to go android but frankly I really do need the 5 lines of email that my iPhone can show me and I do like the calendar better. As those are the things I use the most, I can't make the switch just yet. I know there are some extra software features but those don't really interest me too much. So I have to say I'm liking the refresh overall.
You what I like about Android vs Apple.. the freedom to choose.

Aren't happy with something you can try something else!
Old October 5, 2011, 02:33 PM

Show me an android device with Air Video and I will switch right away. Until then, I'll be an Apple zombie I guess....

If I didn't think the iPhone 4 was already damn near perfect (and if I wasn't so cheap) I'd probably get one.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old October 5, 2011, 02:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Show me an android device with Air Video and I will switch right away. Until then, I'll be an Apple zombie I guess....

If I didn't think the iPhone 4 was already damn near perfect (and if I wasn't so cheap) I'd probably get one.
For someone that's supposedly a PC guy, you don't look very hard for non Apple alternatives.

You could try the free version of Emit, VLC, Orb, etc, etc. Not all of them are 100% polished, but depending on your usage/needs you should be able to find the one for you.
Old October 5, 2011, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post

Looks like Air Video was designed with Apple in mind.

People say Orb is pretty good for android:
Orb Live Features - Orb
Old October 5, 2011, 02:54 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

SageTV is also available for the iPhone and Android (3rd party plug-in). Plug in allows you to control the sageTV media center like a remote using the phone too.

Only small problem is that Google bought sage and is shutting it down ;p
Fold for team #54196
Old October 5, 2011, 05:14 PM
MVP

"Iphone 4S.... Failure or Genius?"

What about something in between? Why does it have to be extreme, one way or another? It's a perfectly average product refresh. Wow.
Old October 5, 2011, 05:21 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
SageTV is also available for the iPhone and Android (3rd party plug-in). Plug in allows you to control the sageTV media center like a remote using the phone too.

Only small problem is that Google bought sage and is shutting it down ;p
What program are you referring to?
Old October 5, 2011, 05:27 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
What program are you referring to?
Canadian developer from Quebec Fonceur on the SageTV forums makes them...here are the links that he has in his sig:

Quote:
MLSageTV (3.1.8): SageTV plugin for MainLobby.
Sage Media Server (1.13): SageTV driver for CQC.
SageTCPServer (2.3.1): An open source TCP interface to the SageTV API.
TaSageTV (2.46)/TaSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV on your Android device.
TiSageTV (1.44)/TiSTVRemote (0.01): Monitor/control SageTV on your iPhone/iPod/iPad.
Here is a link to a post with the active links in his sig, plus some screenshots (the Android app link is in the sig):
Free iPod/iPhone/iPad application: TiSageTVRemote - SageTV Community
Fold for team #54196