Old August 24, 2011, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hopefully you guys get your orders.
Old August 24, 2011, 10:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I got that DirectDial letter too. I was also quite early in the queue, for a 32GB model. However, I decided against keeping my order, so here's hoping it goes to a deserving HWC member, or one of those poor souls on RFD.
Old August 25, 2011, 07:29 PM
Top Prospect

touchpad running android 2.2.1 - YouTube
Old August 25, 2011, 07:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

Canada Sells out of $99 HP TouchPad, U.S. Still in Luck - International Business Times
Old August 25, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well, time to hop across the border and get one..
Old August 25, 2011, 08:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Thank you for the tremendous amount of interest shown in the HP Touchpad and we apologize for the delayed response. This happened very quickly and we've been working with HP and various suppliers to secure stock and pricing ever since we learned about the price move (probably at the same time as all of you did! )

Firstly the bad news. Demand has already greatly outstripped supply available to us so we will not be able to fill all customer orders. At this time we are not expecting any additional units other than what is shipping or in transit to us and we will not be taking any additional orders. Orders will be limited to one per household so any customers ordering across several different SKUs or ordering multiple quantities will be reduced to a single unit.

Over the next couple of days, customer service will be in touch with people who have price matches in place to verify and complete orders starting from the earliest pricematches first until our available inventory is exhausted

In order to expedite this process we would like to request the following:

- Please do not contact sales or customer care if you do not already have a price match order already submitted because there are no extra units available and we are processing orders based on the time that we received the original price match

- Customer care / sales will not have information on where you may or may not be standing in the queue so please do not call in or send in tickets regarding to question whether you'll be receiving a unit or not

- We can only fill 1 unit per customer. Customer service will have no control with regards to overriding that number so when they do get in touch please understand that we will not be able to fulfill any requests for any additional units.

- We will make several attempts to contact each customer for whom we have a reserved tablet. Please allow us time to get in touch with you.

- At this point in time, please do not ask customer care about the status of the order as volume of calls that we are receiving about this is overwhelming all departments. Please be patient with us as we try to work through this.

- price match declined notices will be sent once we have exhausted our available inventory.

- Warranty will be a 15 day DOA refund only (no exchanges). We will not have enough units to do any sort of swaps and it will have to be the customer's responsibility to deal with HP beyond this period. This will be made clear before any transaction is complete.

Again thank you very much for the interest and for the patience that has been shown
For those ordered through/PM'ed NCIX and still hoping.
Old August 31, 2011, 05:22 PM
MVP

My System Specs

heard today that hp has restarted the production of the touchpad because of all the demand that was created by the lower pricepoint. seems all hope is not lost for us touchpad horndogs
Old August 31, 2011, 05:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

How To Hack & Overclock The HP TouchPad - YouTube

Have you guys seen this? LOL
Old September 2, 2011, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

"NCIX
This Saturday and Sunday only, we have a limited amount of 32GB HP TouchPads available at $149.99!! Min 8 per location, available in BC & Ontario. While quantities last so line up now!"

If someone wants to go and get me one tomorrow I'll pay you for your time + product + shipping.

Send me a pm if you want to accept the challenge.
Old September 3, 2011, 12:18 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
"NCIX
This Saturday and Sunday only, we have a limited amount of 32GB HP TouchPads available at $149.99!! Min 8 per location, available in BC & Ontario. While quantities last so line up now!"

If someone wants to go and get me one tomorrow I'll pay you for your time + product + shipping.

Send me a pm if you want to accept the challenge.

just wait it out, hp is making more to meet demand

ncix is probably just pulling this to get people at the store