Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 10, 2011, 08:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default LG Optimus One Rooting Question (Bootloader)

Hey fellow LG O1 owners,

I am stumped.

Did you have to unlock the fastboot as per this tutorial xda-developers - View Single Post - [HOW TO] Fastboot on LGP500

Because right now I'm confused....

My friend says my bootloader has to be unlocked, yet I am unsure if it is unlocked on the O1.

So here are the (probably incomplete) steps that I know of for rooting the O1.

1. Backup all your stuff (I used Backup & Restore SMS)
- How can you backup your contacts?

2. Unlock bootloader (from the link above)
- I would have sworn I installed all the LG software, but my O1 cannot be recognized....

3. Root using z4root or SuperOneClick as per [STICKY][REF][UPDATED 2011-08-08 14:46 GMT+1] Repository of HOWTOs, ROMs, MODs, etc. - xda-developers instructions

4. Using ROM Manager [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod (use Rom Manager now) - xda-developers to flash ROM.

So what steps am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Plato
Old August 10, 2011, 03:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Seriously, no rooting experts in HWC?

-Plato
Old August 10, 2011, 04:11 PM
MVP

My System Specs

i rooted and flashed my desire yesterday (my that sounds dirty..lol) i dunno if the process was similar, but i used revoked3, it was actuslly pretty painless..
I know witht he desire I had to install the htc sync software and then uninstall it, and also had to load bootloader then plug in the usb cable and install my bootloader drivers.. then just ran revoked to install the custom recovery, then the ability to flash any rom opened up..
Old August 11, 2011, 08:31 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Hey!

I confirmed with the guy who originally had my phone and he simply rooted it. He's under the same impression that there is only a need to unlock the bootloader if you want to Fastboot. Otherwise, he just rooted it and away he went. I've had it not for a few months and have tried out several custom Rom's without issue.

Cheers,

Slaughter
Old August 11, 2011, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thank you Slaughter!!!

-Plato