Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Mobile Computing (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/)
-   -   please suggest a laptop for 450~550 $ (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/45456-please-suggest-laptop-450-550-a.html)

neojjjk August 6, 2011 09:45 PM

please suggest a laptop for 450~550 $

Hi,
please suggest a laptop for 450 to 550$ max budget (brands like asus,msi)
for my friend of course ,he is in centennial college progress campus .near Scarborough .
which is the best shop near his campus ?

please advice :thumb:

chubaka August 6, 2011 10:15 PM

HP G6 15.6" Laptop featuring AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M (G6-1B28CA) - Red : 15" Laptops - Best Buy Canada

499 which is not bad for the new apus..

neojjjk August 7, 2011 01:09 AM

nice specs mate.thanks
is best buy near centennial progress campus ?
how is amd cpu's? overheat or power consumption issues ?

dma0991 August 7, 2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neojjjk (Post 539023)
nice specs mate.thanks
is best buy near centennial progress campus ?
how is amd cpu's? overheat or power consumption issues ?

They have pretty decent CPU performance and paired up with quite a formidable IGP. You could play games with the IGP but don't expect to max settings at all but definitely playable. The battery life is quite impressive as well as you could see with the bigger A8-3500M which has quite a long battery life.
Quote:

We used the Battery Eater Pro benchmark to simulate someone browsing through a document and the machine lasted 7 hours and 40 minutes.

neojjjk August 7, 2011 12:05 PM

wow thats great .but my friend told me that he need a asus /msi laptop ..he told me that hp ,delll etc are not good brands .
can we expect same specs in asus /msi models?

dma0991 August 7, 2011 12:39 PM

Any laptops will be fine regardless of brands. I am using an Acer despite the fact that many claimed that it is lousy but it has served me well and I don't see what's wrong with any major brands these days as lemons are common with any brands. FYI the top 4 vendors as of now are HP, Dell, Lenovo and Acer with Acer slipping to fourth place and used to be second.

You could definitely expect similar specs for a lower price with Asus and MSI but it depends on what you want as different companies offer different designs in terms of cosmetic appearance and extra features.

neojjjk August 7, 2011 01:41 PM

he need a laptop with good sound quality and volume ,good battery life,good performace .wish to get a solid build ,with good after sales support ,one which is reliable and long lasting for browsing ,watching movies and very light gaming @low settings .

jcmaz August 7, 2011 01:59 PM

Lenovo Thinkpad Edge???

I have the Edge E420 (14" screen and Intel i5 2410 CPU). On a new battery, I have no problems achieving the 6 hour battery life mark.

neojjjk August 9, 2011 01:39 PM

is lenovo thinkpad better than ideapad?

jcmaz August 9, 2011 03:04 PM

The Thinkpad series of laptops is more business oriented and more (some say) durable where as the Ideapad is more consumer oriented.

Soooo.... is it better??? It depends what features you want.