Specking out a new laptop for a client, stumbled upon ThinkPad holiday sale.
Couldn't resist the urge to get a business class sandy-bridge for under $700 bucks
Lenovo - Laptop computers - ThinkPad Edge E420
I will not recommend Lenovo to anyone due to their shitty ass warranty service.
I've had many T series and this is not one of them! I knew I wasn't getting a port replicator port on the bottom (understood), but I didn't think I'd be missing a HDD activity light, battery indicator LED and wifi indicator LED either.
- Weighs less than a T series but feels just as sturdy
- matte finish screen
- lacks the bloat-ware installed on the T series (Surprisingly clean!)
- Newer chicklet style keyboard still worthy of the name ThinkPad
- intel HD video easily handles Sid Meier's Civ V ;)
- my biggest concern is the function keys on the laptop. They default to (brightness, sound, wifi) and only work as a real FUNCTION key (i.e. F4) when you press the Fn key on the bottom left (beside Shift and Ctrl). This is turning into a major pain when I'm in SQL Studio Manager running queries and trying to program stored procedures.
Thank you Grinder, you post is reassuring :)
update: BIOS has a function key default setting... thank god!!!!!
I can live with it ... and it`s much better than that retarded bilingual keyboard with the half shift key, but damn is it annoying.
this blog entry sums up the same settings I see on my Edge E420 nicely
Hands-On: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13 with Fn-Ctrl BIOS key swap | ThinkPads.com
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH GRINDER!!!!
+ over 9000!!!
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 AM.|