Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2011, 05:55 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Sure its impressively thin and light but its still a wide screen device thats useless in portrait and is running a buggy OS thats only good for movies and for web browsing. I just dont understand people's lust for this tablet.
Are you an Apple fan boy by any chance?
Old July 19, 2011, 09:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

I honestly dont have very many books that are in legal and I find it awkward to hold in that orientation. With my 4 by 3 device its a lot easier hold and is better for documents and books in my opinion. I think of honeycomb as the multimedia tablet, touchpad as the productivity tablet and ipad as the apps tablet. With a 7 inch that changes, though we've yet to see any 4:3 though thats probably more for ereaders.

The thing I really dont grasp with honeycomb is the fact that it is exactly the same experience on a xoom as it is on the tab, same hardware inside. There are 500 different android tabs and they all boil down to the exact same device. Sure the tab is lighter but it costs at least 100 more and yet has the same internals, the same software and the same apps. The market is so flooded with the things that they're just going to compete themselves off the market.

Edit: Not a Apple fanboy, opposite infact, hate apple. I am a WebOS evangelist.
Old July 23, 2011, 08:46 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Supposedly it's been delayed until September to coincide with the release of the 3G version on Bell's network. This is according to what a friend working at The Source heard from a Bell TSR.
Old July 23, 2011, 11:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I honestly dont have very many books that are in legal and I find it awkward to hold in that orientation. With my 4 by 3 device its a lot easier hold and is better for documents and books in my opinion. I think of honeycomb as the multimedia tablet, touchpad as the productivity tablet and ipad as the apps tablet. With a 7 inch that changes, though we've yet to see any 4:3 though thats probably more for ereaders.

The thing I really dont grasp with honeycomb is the fact that it is exactly the same experience on a xoom as it is on the tab, same hardware inside. There are 500 different android tabs and they all boil down to the exact same device. Sure the tab is lighter but it costs at least 100 more and yet has the same internals, the same software and the same apps. The market is so flooded with the things that they're just going to compete themselves off the market.

Edit: Not a Apple fanboy, opposite infact, hate apple. I am a WebOS evangelist.
So you'd rather no competition just like the Apple world?
I liken Android (phones and tabs) to Windows, it's a far more open experience with many many choices, therefore driving pricing down.

Apple on the other hand it's their way or the highway, and likely, their way is lackluster in comparison to the competition, so I'm fine with it. And yes, I have owned an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 4, so I have definitely experienced their products for a long time now.