Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2011, 09:14 AM
Rookie

I purchased a bell atrix in Alberta. when I got back to sask i canceled my monthly contract. I got an unlock code online and when I installed my activated sastel sim i got no prompt for subsidy code only motoblur asking for name and password which i did and my phone works except for internet (wireless works).The tech at bell support says my phone should be locked and that the data part is locked and of course after 30 days and $75 they will give me an unlock code(which I have already) and instructions to unlock. My question is how to bring up subsidy code prompt or bypass motoblur. I cant get answers from anybody. Any suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmak View Post
a little unclear....
are you saying you unlocked a bell phone to then try to relock it to go back to bell????? i cant follow....No I never had the chance to impute the unlock code as it worked with a Sasktel sim cardexcept for the data part

1. have you set your apn values? as my first post. Yes all APN's are correct
2. I went though the motoblur prompts and found a way out..i then got to settings then entered APN values, Please explain how you went through the motoblur prompts to bypass, as this may be key to fully unlocking my phone
I then rebooted phone and then unlocked it.

3. It wasnt untill a couple days later I bothered to sign up for motoblurcrap.
4.get the APN entries from bell tech support.

Last edited by ditka; April 3, 2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old April 2, 2011, 01:58 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

The Atrix is very new and so I don't think there are custom ROMs available yet. Wait a few weeks / months and there will likely be ways to get around MotoBlur, etc.
Old April 2, 2011, 07:57 PM
Rookie

Default bypass motoblur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka View Post
I purchased a bell atrix in Alberta. when I got back to sask i canceled my monthly contract. I got an unlock code online and when I installed my activated sastel sim i got no prompt for subsidy code only motoblur asking for name and password which i did and my phone works except for internet (wireless works).The tech at bell support says my phone should be locked and that the data part is locked and of course after 30 days and $75 they will give me an unlock code(which I have already) and instructions to unlock. My question is how to bring up subsidy code prompt or bypass motoblur. I cant get answers from anybody. Any suggestions?
a little unclear....
are you saying you unlocked a bell phone to then try to relock it to go back to bell????? i cant follow....

1. have you set your apn values? as my first post.
2. I went though the motoblur prompts and found a way out..i then got to settings then entered APN values,

8GB Corsair XMS DDR3 999-24@666
V64
oc: 420x9 3.78Mhz
Coolit freezone Elite (cpu cooler)
Old April 2, 2011, 08:08 PM
Rookie

day 10
disabled fingerprint reader...as it would work 10% of the time....irritating.
ringer volume is nice and loud, speakerphone much better than N1.
Battery life is 8 hours with mild use, i put it on charger with gps, and always plan for an afternoon charge if my day workload requires moderate to heavy call volume. (NOT AS ADVERTISED talk time)
Screen is great.
HTC sence is wwwwwway better. for example...just hitting search button and entering "mike"for example...on my N1 i would get mike number from my contacts AS WELL as google search iterations of mike.......not so with the atrix....I dont get local (contacts) results.
getting use to it.....will wait for update before i bitch some more.....lol
V64
Old April 3, 2011, 11:18 AM
Rookie

I purchased a bell atrix in Alberta. when I got back to sask i canceled my monthly contract. I got an unlock code online and when I installed my activated sastel sim i got no prompt for subsidy code only motoblur asking for name and password which i did and my phone works except for internet (wireless works).The tech at bell support says my phone should be locked and that the data part is locked and of course after 30 days and $75 they will give me an unlock code(which I have already) and instructions to unlock. My question is how to bring up subsidy code prompt or bypass motoblur. I cant get answers from anybody. Any suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmak
a little unclear....
are you saying you unlocked a bell phone to then try to relock it to go back to bell????? i cant follow....No I never had the chance to impute the unlock code as it worked with a Sasktel sim cardexcept for the data part

1. have you set your apn values? as my first post. Yes all APN's are correct
2. I went though the motoblur prompts and found a way out..i then got to settings then entered APN values, Please explain how you went through the motoblur prompts to bypass, as this may be key to fully unlocking my phone

Old April 3, 2011, 02:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yea this phone seems to look good on paper, but judging from my experience and a bunch of other people who have told me about their's with the Krzr, I am going to be staying away from Motorola phones from now on. I just recently got the Galaxy S Fascinate (Swype is so good!) from Telus, but I'll probably upgrade to a dual core phone once there are a few more options hopefully closer to the end of this year. Galaxy S 2 anyone?

As SKY mentioned, my Android experience has not been the smoothest, but still I prefer the open platform that is android.
Old April 3, 2011, 03:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
I prefer the open platform that is android.
Assuming the manufacturer keeps it open that is. In Motorola's case, the bootloader is locked down I believe so you cannot really call it an open platform when they prevent you from making changes.

At least with the current Samsung Galaxy S phones, you have total control to the phone and can do with it as you please. Tons of development going on by devoted users which IMO drastically improves the phone.
Old April 3, 2011, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

^ HTC
Old April 3, 2011, 07:49 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I recently got me an Atrix (4 days ago). On the Bell network since Rogers would not compete with the Bell corporate package I got.

I have basically just been playing with the phone for now. Have just installed Launcher Pro and am going to try that instead of Motoblur. So far I love this phone (coming from an iPhone 3g). No issues at all yet.

Last edited by Manute; April 3, 2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old April 4, 2011, 11:14 PM
Rookie

hmm.
it went something like this.
1.put in rogers sim card.
2. enter requested unlock code.
3. required to set up motoblur.. i went through a couple of clicks, perhaps hit the back button a few times, or chose an exit option....or hit the home key.....
dont recall exactly.....but i got into settings....I do remember entering in my apn values BEFORE login in to motoblur.....sorry cant help with this one.
V64