Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2011, 03:18 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
My gateway is made by Acer, haven't had any issues with it, nor have I with any Acer products in the past. You do get what you pay for...I think for the cost/value they are priced right. I think the gateway I linked you to is also made by Acer.
Thanks thats some advice to consider
Old March 8, 2011, 06:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm on my 2nd Acer laptop. Our first is the Acer Aspire 5601 bought back in August of 2005. We used to use it a lot, but for the past year, not so much. Still use it once in a while though and it still runs like new thanks to the 2GB RAM I added in. The battery state is excellent as well, since we unplug the laptop whenever it's fully charged.

My current Acer that I use for school is the one that I linked you to. However instead of having a ATI HD 6550, mine has a weak 5470. I couldn't justify spending an extra $150 for a mobile GPU upgrade when I can spend that on my desktop by getting a GTX 460.

Both build quality are very good. Nice and sturdy. For the Acer haters, haters gonna hate.
Old March 8, 2011, 07:08 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
I'm on my 2nd Acer laptop. Our first is the Acer Aspire 5601 bought back in August of 2005. We used to use it a lot, but for the past year, not so much. Still use it once in a while though and it still runs like new thanks to the 2GB RAM I added in. The battery state is excellent as well, since we unplug the laptop whenever it's fully charged.

My current Acer that I use for school is the one that I linked you to. However instead of having a ATI HD 6550, mine has a weak 5470. I couldn't justify spending an extra $150 for a mobile GPU upgrade when I can spend that on my desktop by getting a GTX 460.

Both build quality are very good. Nice and sturdy. For the Acer haters, haters gonna hate.

oops, sorry for posting the same laptop geo, your the real hero with the better price
Old March 8, 2011, 09:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I have really enjoyed my Asus U30JC. Now that is still more expensive so you could go with the U35JC, basically same machine just no optical drive and cheaper.

NCIX.com - Buy ASUS U35JC-A1 13.3IN 1366X768 Core I3-370M GeForce 310M Optimus 4GB 500G8 WIN7 Prem Notebook - ASUS - U35JC-A1 - in Canada

But I guess it is $100 over your price. But it will play most games with medium settings. I play Civ V with it mostly but have played the witcher on it and it played that fairly good.

Oh and another plus of the Asus is it comes with a 2 year global warranty as standard. With one year covering accidental damage, like coffee spills, dropping it, etc.