Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21, 2011, 03:53 AM
Allstar
F@H

Well we found a CC in town that had a x120e for display and we went to see it and it is much better than she thought so she picked one up.

I'll probably do a review eventually.

First impressions though I'm really impressed and it should be noted that it comes with Win 7 PRO 64 bit, yes, pro, not home for a sub 600$ laptop.

Battery life seems good, not amazing, but enough for almost a full day without having to plug it in.

I'll write more once I get a chance to play with it more. Great matte screen also at 1366x768 for an 11 inch screen!

My only with it is with the dual mouse (track pad and red button) it leaves the track pad a little small.
Old March 21, 2011, 04:56 PM
Banned

Is there any good comparable laptops with 13" to 16" screens?

I'm keeping my eye out for a laptop around $500 to $800 (max.) just in case.

Is Acer an okay brand? There seems to be so many out there. They had a bad rep but is it still bad?

I guess Lenovo is about avg. or fair and Asus gets good reviews. That leaves Dell, Acer, MSI and Toshbia as the other brands that might be good. I think HP is so often pointed out as being subpar, I think I'll overlook that brand. Too much of a risk and not worth it considering the money.

I'm not looking for a gaming one but battery life of more than 4 hrs would be a bonus.

P.S. I'm skipping all Optimus-based laptops.