Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28, 2011, 09:03 AM
Rookie

Default Thoughts on Windows 7 slate PCs?

At CES, we got a sneak look at upcoming advances in consumer tech, from software, new PC form factors and emerging connectivity technologies touted to let people connect and share whenever and wherever. We’re most excited about new Windows 7 slate PCs, tablets with the power to deliver a real Windows 7 experience – all the fun and more function than other tablets. So, which one of these new Windows 7 slates caught your attention (Asus Eee Pad EP121, MSI Windpad 100, etc.)?
Old January 28, 2011, 10:59 AM
MVP

My System Specs

These things can't come out fast enough. Im hoping these new slates will push the price down on the vibe or even the ctl slate so i can purchase one. Would probably get the eee 101 had asus not shit the bed by selling it with wn7 basic which makes multitouch useless(even the the older 9 inch has 7 premium)

one thing i;ve noticed is that many tablets that were as ces 2010 never made it to production, i hope this is not the case as we need more windows OS tablet options
Old January 28, 2011, 11:24 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

the unreleased and quietly showcased tablet by lenovo caught my eye. the lepad slate (not the hybrid)

The only reason someone would go for a windows 7 tablet is functionality. In my case, its the note taking function with a stylus and microsoft one note. Im just hoping that it will be released sometime in May.

The EP121 is expensive and 2 hr battery life is just to short.
Old January 28, 2011, 03:05 PM
Rookie

Amazing feedback, guys! Yeah, we're really excited for people to get these in their hands to see what they think. Awesome to hear the anticipation. We'll keep you posted and let us know if you have questions at any time!
Old January 31, 2011, 02:29 PM
Rookie

And if you guys are curious for a sneak peak, check out this PC showcase from Ben the PC Guy, where he takes a good look at the ASUS Eee Slate EP121: http://bit.ly/eYtfzJ

Tags
slate , tablet , windows , windows 7 , windows 7 slate