Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26, 2010, 09:01 AM
MVP

Default battdepot.ca good or bad?

I'm thinking of ordering a battery and charger for a camcorder sony cx110 from battdepot, has anyone had any dealings with battdepot, good or bad place? Any recomondations to other places in Canada that sell laptop and camcorder batteries cheap that are any good?
Thanks
Old December 26, 2010, 10:35 AM
Allstar
F@H

just ordered a battery for a xps m1730 from them, ordered it on friday and it was here on the monday,
and almost 1/2 the price of anywhere else and a 1/3 the price as a replacement one from dell.
would buy from them again.

Old December 27, 2010, 10:54 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I've ordered laptop batteries from them before. Order showed up 2 days earlier than their estimate. Will order from them again for sure.
Old March 10, 2011, 07:23 AM
Trial Member

Default Terrible experience - highly unrecommended!

I just ordered a replacement laptop batt for my HP dv7 laptop. I paid extra for expedited shipping and it arrived on time. When I plugged it in, it wouldn't charge and my HP batt dianostic software said the batt was a dud. When I contacted Battdepot, they said it happens all of the time because vendors often lock their hardware to only use OEM parts. I didn't know that I had ordered a refurb or generic batt... the site doesn't really state that so this was all news to me (in fact: I looked up my batt model # and they bought the adwords link for "HP Laptop Battery"... but they don't have HP batteries... a little bit misleading, no?!)

So now, needing a battery immediately, I'm left with a useless battery, I have to PAY to ship it back and PAY for the shipping here so I'm down $30 AND I've been majorly inconvenienced with this week long delay (plus I have to wait until they receive/process my battery before I get my credit...if I get my credit).

I wrote in multiple times asking to have a manager contact me and they repeatedly respond with copy / paste answers like - 'how to cycle your battery' (even tho I told them in my email that my comp doesn't even recognize it at all)...

These guys have terrible customer service and if there is a problem - you can't count on them to fix it. They want to make a quick buck so if you buy from them, you can know what you might expect.

Also, I saw on another forum that a bunch of people have had similarly bad experiences (BattDepot.ca: a Canadian source for laptop batteries and adapters at Canadian Tech Deals, Canadian Electronics Deals, Canadian Technology Deals, Canadian Electronic Deals)... wish I would've checked around more before buying (but I was in a hurry...).

Take Care!

Last edited by Buyer's Remorse; March 10, 2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old October 31, 2011, 09:03 AM
Trial Member

Default Terrible experience

I bought a green series "by DrBattery" batteries for my HP computer on the website battdepot.ca. The shipping is really unexpensive.

However, when I received the battery, my computer didn't recognised the battery... Battdepot told me to ship back their battery. That operation cost me about 25$ of ground shipping from Montreal.

They "Say" they tested IT and it was working well, so they refund me.

I've been in a local computer shop, and they sold me a battery from DrBattery. Well that battery worked well. So , I think that they don't test anything.

Worst customer support ever.
Old October 31, 2011, 01:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

We use it a lot at my job for laptop battery when people want cheaper then the real one. Usually they don't last long, same with laptop power adapter in my experience. Good site for everything else.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 16, 2013, 02:09 PM
Trial Member

Thumbs down short answer: BAD....STAY AWAY

I got 2 batteries from these guys and both failed within 2 weeks. JUNK!!! absolute JUNK!!! No attempt to follow-up to 'make things right', let alone investigate.

AVOID BATTDEPOT, DR.BATTERY and every other webstore they run!!!

ADDENDUM: they added a reply with what they called an 'apology' asking me to contact their customer service. I've been talking to your Customer Service for MONTHS trying to make this situation right!!! Telling lies and trying to act like this is a brand-new issue and that you haven't been given the opportunity to do what is right...is a joke.

The proof is in what you have done to date: NOTHING

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Old March 6, 2013, 05:20 PM
Trial Member

Exclamation Uh oh!

Argh, I bought a battery from battery-world.com (out of business now) and the battery would charge to 100% but laptop would die at 80%, I let too much time pass before finding this out because I used my desktop. Therefore I figured I couldnt do anything about it. I bought a different battery (paid for it) and again, didnt work. I emailed them and complained, they sent me a free replacement and told me it should work. It didnt. I went to email them and their site was completely gone... Too many scammers out there.

I read some good reviews on these guys, and ordered a battery for my laptop... I havent had it running since a year & 1/2 after I bought it... It's the Asus N61jq and I was pissed when I found out I couldnt get a replacement from Asus...

Anyways, I ordered a battery from battdepot.. I'll cross my fingers.
Old March 20, 2013, 02:56 PM
Trial Member

Default Fast turnaround

I purchased an AC adapter for an older Toshiba Satellite which I paid about $15 less than anywhere else I looked and received it in the mail 2-3 days later. Works just fine!
Geoff
Old April 11, 2013, 01:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I've made about 4 purchases now, totaling 7 batteries. So far all have worked flawlessly.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.