Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2013, 03:30 AM
Trial Member

Default Stay away from battdepot

Ordered a Replacement Cell Phone Battery for Samsung GALAXY S3 (2300 mAh) It was worse than the battery I was replacing. Sent it back and the next one was just as bad. These batteries are expensive garbage!
Old November 6, 2013, 05:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

rebuild with Panasonic Batteries from digikey
Old January 6, 2014, 05:22 PM
Rookie

Default Do not buy from Battdepot

Big mistake in ordering from Battdepot. Wish I read this thread before ordering laptop battery.
Battery for Lenovo laptop will not charge.
The laptop popup a message stating that this is not a Lenovo battery and will not be charged.
I will end up paying original shipping and return shipping, so will also be out around $30.
If this is a bad battery, I expected Battdepot to be responsible for both shipping charges.

Was never able to reach anyone via Live Chat or phone.
I will never buy from Battdepot again.

If you intend to buy from Battdepot, make sure you are aware of the risk of defective products and you will end up paying shipping charges both ways.
Old January 6, 2014, 08:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Very weird. I've done about 5 orders now for batteries for older Dell laptops. All have been fantastic. Sorry you guys have had issues :(

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old January 14, 2014, 06:00 PM
Rookie

I am sure if I did not have problem with the battery that I will be pleased with Battdepot as well. The price is right and description of the product sounded great. However, if the product does not work, LOOK OUT!!

As of now Battdepot refunded the original charge and original shipping. But $16 paid for return shipping was not refunded.
So out of this ordeal, I lost a few weeks of time, out $16.
I have emailed Battdepot again(gave up on online chat and phone) for refund of the return shipping, will let you know how it goes.
Old February 3, 2014, 09:16 PM
Rookie

I guess I was hoping too much for battdepot to do the right thing, turns out I read the refund statement wrong, they did not refund the original shipping charge. For this DOA product I lost a total of $30 in shipping charges (original and return).

They have stopped responding to my email and I have not been able to reach anyone by phone.
So please be careful if you plan to buy from battdepot.
Old February 4, 2014, 07:35 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Looked at the site for my ridiculously over-priced Nikon D5100 battery (originals are like $90).
They have one for $9.00. If it is too good to be true it probably is not true.
I've bought the cheapo Nikon batteries from China on Ebay. These are imitations. Even have a halogram and what looks like original box. But upon closer inspection you can pick out the knockoff. What I've learned from Nikonians website is that these knockoffs are not the exact same and can (but don't always) damage your camera (and I suppose any other sensitive electronic). Not worth the risk on a $800 camera. .
Decided to take a pass on this one.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old July 4, 2014, 04:47 PM
Trial Member

Thumbs down LIARS

I ordered an iPhone battery and paid for overnight delivery.................. they did not fulfill their promise.... LIARS..I would NOT deal with them. Liars and then they won't refund me my shipping in full but UPS will refund the SENDER in full... In addition UPS SUCKS........... Use FEDEX ... Overnight means overnight not next week.
Old July 4, 2014, 05:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Very odd over the years I have probably bought 100 batteries from Dr battery had maybe 10 rma or doa batteries with them total and even had their reps buy me dinner. Shipping was always next day and they were all round just awesome to deal with.

I can't remember if they charged return shipping on the RMA's though.

Bought a battery from them 2 months back still running rock solid today. I know their batteries are not perfect as you see tons of them on clearance at memory express
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”