Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2010, 11:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Gaming Laptop

Hey Y'ALL, my buddy is looking for a gaming laptop and I'm not a big laptop guy so I need help finding the best bang/buck laptop. His budget is around $1000, and he will be playing games such as WoW, HoN, BC2, and ... Minecraft. BC2 will obviously be the most resource intensive game. Suggestions?
Old December 9, 2010, 11:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Hey Y'ALL, my buddy is looking for a gaming laptop and I'm not a big laptop guy so I need help finding the best bang/buck laptop. His budget is around $1000, and he will be playing games such as WoW, HoN, BC2, and ... Minecraft. BC2 will obviously be the most resource intensive game. Suggestions?
Little did he know I have an account on here. Thanks for the thread start. To further his/my question I am looking at the:

Alienware m11x (I get a 7% discount for Dell)
XPS 14 or 15 (7% discount as well)
ASUS - Not sure what to look for as they has so many laptops available
Toshiba - I heard the Quosmos (Spelling?) was a decent series

One thing that im not sure about is should I wait till the new intel chips get announced? Boxing day is coming up too so im sure something will be on sale.
Old December 9, 2010, 12:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Asus has a few good priced ones around $1000 that'll you be able to game on. Settings on the other hand of which you can play are what may be questionable.

But Minecraft is pretty non taxing ;)
Old December 9, 2010, 12:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

This seems like a good laptop for the price Newegg.ca - MSI GT640-287US NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 15.4" Wide SXGA+ 4GB Memory 500GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M, i don't really know how good the 250GTS is gaming wise but im pretty sure it can handle BFBC2. Here is a nice review on it as well, Review MSI GT640 Gaming Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"