Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 29, 2007, 03:43 PM
Top Prospect

Default mobile computing forum...

a section that supports notebooks, UMPC's, PMP's, PDA's...cellphones even. :)
Old December 29, 2007, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 30, 2007, 01:15 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Good Idea!
of course! they're the only kind I have!!!

it came to me because while I will have a desktop as a file server soon (I hope), I'm moving over to mobile platforms. I was fortunate enough to be one of those who got the Futureshop special for the Acer 5920-6273 for $799. if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's a 15.4" Gemstone design...T5250@1.5ghz|2GB DDR2-667|250GB Hitachi 5400RPM HDD|HD DVD ROM/DVD Burner|8600M GT 512MB DDR2 and Vista Home Premium 32bit. all that for $799...and what's awesome is the 5920G line is totally upgradeable...minus a few things.

the bottom of this thing has a panel that covers about 75% of the bottom that can be removed via 9 screws that exposes almost everything. CPU, HDD, Memory, GPU...not sure about wifi, but the contacts may even be open for Bluetooth to be installed (this is iffy tho). if I can find a 8700M GT MXM2 card, I could upgrade to it. currently I can upgrade to the T7700 Merom...tho with the Penryn, as long as it's a 35w TWP model, I can upgade that too. 35w TWP is what this laptop can do.

just have to get settled and start saving to upgrade my laptop!

quick question...why can't you put some sorta code down for the emoticons? you HAVE to choose which one from the emot panel...and why do we have so little choices?
Old December 31, 2007, 04:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

You got lucky with that acer for sure.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old December 31, 2007, 07:52 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
You got lucky with that acer for sure.
I sure did Vortex...I just hope that HC administration agrees with me and sees a need for a sub-forum for all us mobile computers!
Old December 31, 2007, 08:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

While it might not be done ASAP I am sure one will be added.

Nice Lappy, I have a gemstone.
Smilies can be added @ least they work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 31, 2007, 09:23 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
While it might not be done ASAP I am sure one will be added.

Nice Lappy, I have a gemstone.
Smilies can be added @ least they work for me.
I look forward to it being added. I understand this is a busy time of year and everyone is distracted.

in any case, my question about emoticons is that they don't show up if you do the key codes...such as <_< = ; :( = ; :D = ...but the key codes don't show the emots. you have to click the actual emot if you want it to show up.
Old January 1, 2008, 04:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Personally I like it this way. It allows me to shun graphical emoticons in favour of text ones.
Anyway, how hard is it to click on a little emoticon to add it? Well, for me it is hard because I have them turned off for my reply text input box thingy(reply text input box area thing set to basic or whatever it was) but I like having the option to use graphical and/or text emoticons.
Old January 1, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
the bottom of this thing has a panel that covers about 75% of the bottom that can be removed via 9 screws that exposes almost everything. CPU, HDD, Memory, GPU...not sure about wifi, but the contacts may even be open for Bluetooth to be installed (this is iffy tho). if I can find a 8700M GT MXM2 card, I could upgrade to it. currently I can upgrade to the T7700 Merom...tho with the Penryn, as long as it's a 35w TWP model, I can upgade that too. 35w TWP is what this laptop can do.
Of course we need to see some pics buddy....Show us the gory insides!!