Best ULTIMATE GAMING LAPTOP
I'm basically Looking for a desktop replacement Gaming Laptop. Can run each and every high games out there. SC II , Crysis.
I'm looking at
ASUS G73's -> Any model or type to be adviced?
Envy 17? Not high end for me to be honest. I HONESTLY LOOKING AT THE VERY HIGH END LAPTOP.(not my choice)
Sager 9820/Cleve D900F?
* Trading my Beast Desktop for a Gaming Laptop See specs ;) *
Is this a good deal?
A Sager 9820
- Warranty: 3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts Warranty
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
- Battery: Two Sager NP92xx 12-Cell Batteries
- Case: Basic Black Business Case
- Sound Card: Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio
- Camera: Integrated Digital Video Camera
- Wireless Network: Built-in Intel® PRO/Wireless 5300
- Bluetooth: Internal Bluetooth + EDR
- Memory Card Reader: Internal 7-in-1 Card Reader
- Secondary Hard Drive: Seagate 320GB 7200RPM
- Primary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD
- Optical Drive: Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD+RW
- Ram: 6,144MB DDR3 1066MHz Memory (3 x 2GB) Triple Channel
- Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 280M 1,024MB
- Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
- Processor: Intel Core i7 Quad (Nehalem) 960
- Display: 17" WUXGA "Glare Type" 1920x1200
If price dosen't matter and you want the best performer look at this
iBUYPOWER Computer :: Battalion 101 X7200 Gaming Laptop
You can put a 980X, 12Gb of ram and a sli of 480 :) take a look at building your own on one of these site maybe ;)
Ho ok then I would go for the G73 without hesitation.
My use of this laptop will be basically and pretty much 24/7 :)) a Real desktop replacement maybe it will be turned off if i'm sleeping but most of the time it will be plugged and turn'd on
BTW, that SAGER with the GTX280M...it's an older mobility GPU right? There must be something newer for GPU in Sager's inventory right?
Mobile Graphics Cards - Benchmark List - Notebookcheck.net Tech
Anyway, my take would to get the gaming laptop with the BEST cooling capability you can get your hands on. I got burned with gaming laptops before. I don't consider any laptop a desktop replacement, cause they're fragile, running warm and will never pack the same punch as a cheaper SLI gaming rig...warranty is always shorter.
I your situation dictated that you NEED a desktop replacement (going out of town or something) well you got no choice...
I know. Well basically its for short time games. I just refered it to run all the games at max possible, the hardest game probably i'd play would be SC II and HON. Nonetheless, It'll be pretty much running War3. Would a laptop handle that?
What's wrong with your desktop then? And if you're only gaming for short time... can't you not game for that short time? I'm sure there are other things to keep you company.
If you need to buy now, the ASUS is the one to get. Should've bought it when NCIX had their sales lol. If you can wait, wait for the GTX 480M to be released.
I wouldn't trade for a used laptop. Does the laptop you want to trade have any warranty? If not, don't get it. Laptop's failure rate is a lot higher than desktops.
Plus gaming and laptops don't really mix together well. Electronics + heat = failure.
If you aren't going out that far, couldn't you build a lan box from your parts?
Asus CC is not the worst, you should give a try to HP, Acer, Compaq, Gateway, Emachine then you will see what is a crappy CC.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 AM.|