Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 4, 2010, 08:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloy View Post
As of yesterday (Aug. 3) when I spoke to a rep here in Vancouver there was still no sign of the Desire. I asked if they had received the dummy units or any training and she said no not yet. Nothing has shipped yet and in her opinion it would be another 2 weeks!!

From all the reviews it's a great unit but it seems like every week something new shows up. I can jump from Telus anytime so I'm keeping my options open. The new Galaxy S that Bell is bringing in soon sounds good. In some ways it's better than the Desire and in others not so good. The dance continues....
Yeah tell me about it! Though Canada seriously lags behind in the mobile market.

I think I'll continue my pursuit for the Desire. I'd rather deal with Telus than Bell (even though they share networks I believe).
Old August 5, 2010, 01:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

Think twice about that, I will stay with Telus, but... reading the newspaper today, an ad from Bell caught my eye. $35 data plan package ($15 savings it was), 500mb data, 6 months of unlimited talk, I think it was 100 or 200 (can't remember) day time minutes, unlimited evenings starting at 6p.m.

And then off course the options, unlimited nationwide 5 numbers, double your minutes or unlimited text. I thought that was a very good plan, if I wasn't on a contract with Telus, I would have jumped the wagon.

Bell's coverage is equally as good, since they share off course, I've always believed they had better cellphone options.

I know you mentioned you've never been with any contract service, but have you ever been with Telus, even as a pay&talk client, if so.. how long? Even if you've been with them for 2 years without contract, if you try and call their loyalty number, chances are they might have a treat for you, just never know right, it's better to get nothing off trying than not to try, who knows trying can get something for you.

I'm actually thinking of calling them myself, to see if they can match Bell's offer, if they are, I am getting a data plan too..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old August 5, 2010, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

Bell has really ******* crappy billing.

I've known a few people who are always calling them all the time because of issues with their bill either being over charged or charged for dumb things.
Old August 5, 2010, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Confirmed: TELUS HTC Desire launching tomorrow | MobileSyrup.com

HTC desire to be release tomorrow.
Old August 5, 2010, 02:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Bell has really ******* crappy billing.

I've known a few people who are always calling them all the time because of issues with their bill either being over charged or charged for dumb things.
This happens a lot with my Satellite bills from them..
Old August 5, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
This happens a lot with my Satellite bills from them..
You remain a loyal customer
Old August 5, 2010, 04:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Think twice about that, I will stay with Telus, but... reading the newspaper today, an ad from Bell caught my eye. $35 data plan package ($15 savings it was), 500mb data, 6 months of unlimited talk, I think it was 100 or 200 (can't remember) day time minutes, unlimited evenings starting at 6p.m.

And then off course the options, unlimited nationwide 5 numbers, double your minutes or unlimited text. I thought that was a very good plan, if I wasn't on a contract with Telus, I would have jumped the wagon.

Bell's coverage is equally as good, since they share off course, I've always believed they had better cellphone options.

I know you mentioned you've never been with any contract service, but have you ever been with Telus, even as a pay&talk client, if so.. how long? Even if you've been with them for 2 years without contract, if you try and call their loyalty number, chances are they might have a treat for you, just never know right, it's better to get nothing off trying than not to try, who knows trying can get something for you.

I'm actually thinking of calling them myself, to see if they can match Bell's offer, if they are, I am getting a data plan too..
Never been with Telus at all. Currently with Rogers Pay As You Go. And honestly, I don't care what kind of shit Bell is selling, I refuse to do business with them. They are just a terrible company IMO which is why we no longer have a single Bell service in this house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapmaster View Post
Awesome! Decision time I guess...
Old August 5, 2010, 06:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You remain a loyal customer
Hey Curt.. howdy.. Lol I guess eh.. it's actually my parents who signed a 2yrs contract with them for satellite, which I was against.. well.. what can you do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Never been with Telus at all. Currently with Rogers Pay As You Go. And honestly, I don't care what kind of shit Bell is selling, I refuse to do business with them. They are just a terrible company IMO which is why we no longer have a single Bell service in this house.
You seem to hate them with passion lol.. Ok man, take it easy...
Old August 5, 2010, 08:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
You seem to hate them with passion lol.. Ok man, take it easy...
lol that I do. Too much hassle when we were with them, and absolutely disgusting India-based support. Maybe they've changed like their advertisements say, but I highly doubt it.
Old August 5, 2010, 08:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just a heads up that Shaw will be launching their wireless network early next year, and apparently they will not have contracts. Not sure what their rates and such will be like though.