Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2010, 06:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Question about milestones and car mounts

I'm going to be buying a milestone (canadian with telus) and want to gte a car mount. thesource.ca is selling a universal car mount for $5 right now which is awsome, im going to buy one, but does the milestone have a car mode?

Someone mentioned if you place a thin magnet in the center of the mount it will activate car mode? Does it work well? Like will it go to speaker mode and use a mic so i can talk hands free?

edit: this is the mount I'm going to get, does hands free work in verticle, or does the milestone need to be on its side?

Centrios? Multi-Function Cell Mount | Automotive mounts | Ratings & Reviews | TheSource.ca
Old June 19, 2010, 04:35 AM
MVP
F@H

I have the milestone and the official Motorola car mount - never used it though.

I'll stick it in there later today and tell you what happens. As far as I know there is no car mode, but I could be wrong. There are apps that can do that kind of stuff though (Setting Profiles, Locale).

Old June 19, 2010, 05:11 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well they just gave me that $5 universal mount, they had problems activating my phone, took over an hour lol.

The mount I linked does indead go to landscape, I went to canadian tire and they had a 3 pack of thin disk magnets for $3. The mount has a big square recess where you can pop small pictures into it, took off the front cover and put the magnet there, works 100% with my milestone now. car mode pops up and all.

And if you turn the magnet around so the oposite polarity is against the milestone, it goes into media dock mode so im going to build a media dock with the spare magnet lol. All in all I spent $4 ($3 for magnets, $1 for glue) and made that $5 mount work as well as the $30 motorola one lol