Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16, 2010, 04:30 PM
Rookie

Default Arrandale laptops?

Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone has heard of any arrandale powered laptops that can be purchased in Canada yet? Other then that I am looking for at least a 15.6 screen on a laptop. My wife has very bad eyesight so bigger the better . Hoping to spend about $1000. I would like W7 and 4g of ram. any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to game on it but would like stable and not slow.

Thanks , zarkov
Old January 17, 2010, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Any particular reason you need that much CPU power in a laptop? I just got my hands on a nice little ASUS UL80VT and it is amazing. It even handles some gaming quite well. It's under $1K and has killer battery life. The screen is 1.5" smaller than what you are looking for, but I also have crappy eyesight and I can use it just fine. Just tossing another option out there.....
Old January 17, 2010, 09:23 PM
Rookie

No actually I just heard the arrandale chipset and CPU setup was good for most anything. But that laptop of yours sounds really good too. Thanks , I'll look at some computer shops online and see what they want for that rig.

Zarkov