Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3, 2009, 08:29 PM
Banned

Because you thing than Dell don"t have a good service, for my laptop , I receive the office ( the pro one for XP at the time ) with some glue on the cd ( from the packing ) they send me a new one in english, I call them to say it was in french, they send me a new office in french, and told me to keep the one in English , because it will cost more to ship it back... that's make me office with 3 serials for free, of course one of the fench cd is not usable, who care I need only one, I can installit in 2 machine, I have 2 serial.

For my XPS, I order it with 2 x 500 GB in raid 0, when it arrive it was in raid 1 , the girl get so confuse about raid 0 and 1, when I said than with raid 0 you have twice the space, she understand than a HD was missing, and having not the 500 in stock anymore, send me a Lacie 500 GB externe esata

Is not good service that....
Old May 3, 2009, 08:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataxpert View Post
Because you thing than Dell don"t have a good service, for my laptop , I receive the office ( the pro one for XP at the time ) with some glue on the cd ( from the packing ) they send me a new one in english, I call them to say it was in french, they send me a new office in french, and told me to keep the one in English , because it will cost more to ship it back... that's make me 3 serials for free

For my XPS, I order it with 2 x 500 GB in raid 0, when it arrive it was in raid 1 , the girl get so confuse about raid 0 and 1, when I said than with raid 0 you have twice the space, she understand than a HD was missing, and having not the 500 in stock anymore, send me a Lacie 500 GB externe esata

Is not good service that....
I'm not saying Dell is bad.

I'm saying why buy a Dell when you can buy an Acer and be just as happy and if it has any issues it goes to Ontario?
Old May 3, 2009, 08:33 PM
Banned

Of course you have to service them , they are so cheap. no consitency in the model, always changing parts, and you not able to get replacement..... Did they came at least with a OEM Windows, or it'S on the HD.... than you have to make an image....

I just replace a Dell keyboard last week, abuse by a gamer...... I will have not even take the job if it was an Acer.
Old May 3, 2009, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Of course you have to service them , they are so cheap. no consitency in the model, always changing parts, and you not able to get replacement..... Did they came at least with a OEM Windows, or it'S on the HD.... than you have to make an image....

I just replace a Dell keyboard last week, abuse by a gamer...... I will have not even take the job if it was an Acer.
I've worked on many acers and they are very simple to work on.

And whats wrong with creating a backup image? They are faster for re-installing a OS.

Sounds like someone is a major fanboy of Dell.
Old May 3, 2009, 09:25 PM
Allstar

Quote:

You not serious, you call it a serious way to go ?????? Autocad on a net book with an Intel Atom.... ( it's those not perform more than a celeron 900 ) definitively we don't have the same notion of performance. How is your rending in 3D
My rendering in 3D was good enough to do my assignments. Yes, it's the best way to go. You can get a netbook for $300.00 and it will do everything you want it to do. Besides, I'm lugging this thing around all day, and it better be light, or I'll end up hating it.
Old May 3, 2009, 11:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What the hell is the facination with "small and light" in the laptop world? Seriously, if my laptop is "thick and huge" and weighs 5 lbs more than someone elses I know I'm certainly not going to fold under the weight. Furthermore, I would not buy Apple products as they are just overpriced.

Quality isn't an issue. Mac mainboards are made by Asus.

Style isn't an issue either. I personally think Macs look like toys. They have no style to them unless you actually mean "odd colors".

Mmmm, pretty stylin!

I also *hate* how Apple are "one of those" companies that force and railroad you into using particular software to do things. IE: iPod and iTunes
Old May 3, 2009, 11:16 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post

Style isn't an issue either. I personally think Macs look like toys. They have no style to them unless you actually mean "odd colors".
s
You posted a pic of a 10 year old computer

do these look like toys?

Old May 4, 2009, 05:31 AM
Banned

OK for return on the topic the OP , want to give a try to Apple. Peoples can have a lot of reason to prefer Mac than Windows base PC, but one thing for sure the OS is not the same. So may be if the OP want to get some taste of OS X , he can purchase a second hand Apple, you can find a lot of good deal. 4 years a go I exchange a use Pentium 4 , than it cost me $ 300 for a brand new Imac, ( not Emac) simply because the guy have not take the time to learn it and he can't install is express view pirate software on it... Stupid the guy at the time I make him understand than he can keep is $ 2,800 computer and I will sell him a old PC for $ 100 , that will have do his pirating stuff....
Old May 4, 2009, 06:23 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Don't worry lowfat, probably an other one that bash Apple because he can't afford them,
Quote:
And reading your signature I will not ask your expertise to buy a High End Pc ... , unless I want an obsolete one….

I'm not one to bring this up, but both of these posts are completely pointless for the thread and are doing nothing but attacking enaberif.

More on topic... I personally wouldn't get the Mac because every time I've used one I didn't like it. My brothers MacBook is riddled with problems. It has all sorts of connection issues with my WRT54GL (which works fine with my HP TX25xxCA tablet). Half the time it fails to come out of sleep, and he has had to bring it to the Apple store on at least two occasions because it would no longer boot. On the side of the MacBook, his desktop (Vista) runs like crap and is full of adware, but I haven't had to reinstall Windows due to an inability to boot.
Old May 4, 2009, 07:49 AM
Allstar

Hmmm, well, I carry around 25lbs of books during a 5+ hour day of school, everyday of the week for eight months. I really don't need to lug anymore weight, otherwise my back is going to break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
What the hell is the facination with "small and light" in the laptop world? Seriously, if my laptop is "thick and huge" and weighs 5 lbs more than someone elses I know I'm certainly not going to fold under the weight. Furthermore, I would not buy Apple products as they are just overpriced.