Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CRYPTOCURRENCY > Mining

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13, 2018, 06:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default if you want to mine with your CPU...

...take a look at Electroneum.

I'm using the EasyHash pool via the GUI Sumo Miner, though I to want to try Claymore or other command line to see if it comes back with a better hash rate.

Electroneum Website:
https://electroneum.com/

EasyHash Website:
https://easyhash.io/

and if you install the phone app, it will eventually mine on your phone/tablet. it's not active yet, bit behind schedule. I usually have my phone plugged in at work, charging and such, so I'm not concerned about battery.

edit - oh, via the app or Electroneum's site, you can make a wallet to mine to. EasyHash is the pool and the instructions on what to do/how to setup are on their site as well. biggest issue at the moment is taht they're only on one exchange, which is closed to new members. they where overwhelmed when they opened for business.

that said though, you can still mine away and build a pool of coins.
Old January 16, 2018, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

mmm, so they have a Linux miner as well. I wonder how well the old opterons will do on it. like a quad socket F opteron rig. would it be better to get maybe a 2p lga1366 setup?
Old January 17, 2018, 12:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

older CPU's don't seem to fair so well for mining. of course, if the HW is laying around, try and see.

friend has an older Xeon X-something, and it's not very productive. that said, I think that was when he tried it via NiceHash, but targeting a single algo or coin might change that. I'll ask him to see when he's back from Vegas.

so if you do try your Quad Opteron, lemme know it's ETN hashrate! :)
Old March 11, 2018, 01:55 PM
Top Prospect

ETN hash rate on a quad Opteron 6272 setup for ETN is about 1850 H/s. I currently have 192 'old' Opteron cores mining at 7KH/s consuming about 1400 watts.