Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2008, 04:01 PM
Top Prospect

I have one sitting in my office and that unit reminds me of a drunk person, that could not come up with a good idea lol
sorry guys, the 1200 could be a bit better on the air flow..

There's no doubt that the Antec 1200 is a capable performer and one that offers a lot of potential. The supplied cooling - which can be extended further - could reasonably be described as overkill (verging on the insane?).
However, we found the case easy to live with for day-to-day tasks if the fans were all turned to their lowest settings. Things were very different with all fans set on high - the experience was painfully noisy. And, run like that, it was one of the loudest chassis we've had through the labs.

But there are a good many positives. We were impressed by the Antec 1200's potential for 9TiB of HDD storage. And, as well as nine hard disks - all actively cooled - it has three 5.25in bays spare, giving space for a pair of optical drives and a floppy disk.
Importantly, there was a good 50mm (2in) of clearance between our test 2900XT card and the nearest HDD caddy, so the Antec 1200 is well able to accommodate the latest giants of the GPU world.

Overall, the Antec 1200 is a very likeable chassis. We think it's got a great colour scheme throughout (but we do like black!) and, when it finally makes production, we'd presume it will be built to the high standards we have come to expect from Antec.
Old August 8, 2008, 04:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

There is ONE feature that I absolutely LOVE on this chasis: The hole cut behind the CPU socket area on the mobo Tray. Thank GOD someone did this. It would make swapping out CPU blocks and stuff much much easier.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old August 8, 2008, 04:18 PM
Top Prospect

LOL I know but can't comment on much because case is in transit with good old UPS lol
Old September 5, 2008, 02:39 PM
Top Prospect

Just a Quick update I have just recieved the HAF as of today so over the next week or so due to work i will be doing 3 reviews that i will be posting on my blog as well on hardwareCKS
that being the HAF Corsair 1000W and XSPC Delta V3 cpu Block so stay tuned
Old September 5, 2008, 05:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

Great to know, will wait for your review, especially the case and the cpu block, I've heard some good things on that particular block.