Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20, 2008, 08:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

They have a rev2?, they using a different fan now?
any other changes? you got pics? hows the temps compared with rev1?
you almost finished?
Old May 20, 2008, 09:46 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

DK2 The Rev 2 I was referring too is the fact that the mtec controller is 2nd gen.
I can't tell by the pics if this one in this review is so I specified what I was talking about.
Wouldn't surprise me if ALL elites have always come with rev 2 controllers but I hate being imprecise.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 3, 2008, 01:06 PM
CoolIT Systems Rep.

Default Made in Canada

Hey Guys,

Scratch: Thanks for the little review my friend. I just love hearing about customers positive experiences! A Canadian made product, bought in Canada by a Canadian. Doesn't get much sweeter than that!

DK2: The first Elites to ever ship had what we now refer to as MTEC Control Center rev.1. You can ID these controllers by checking the colour of the PCB inside. Green = rev.1. Blue = rev.2. There aren't many green ones out there because you can't update the firmware on them so we replaced them all with blue when people called in.

AkG: I'm real sorry you had a little technical difficulty getting started and am glad that is out of the way. We are all very anxious to see the review!
Old June 3, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

As a sneak peak you can check out my sig. I updated it to include a certain new cooler. It should give you an idea on how the review went as I am very picky on what goes on THAT (my main) rig.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 3, 2008, 01:50 PM
CoolIT Systems Rep.

Haha.. well that is great to see! Now if I can only get Linus to use one ;)

Is your Asus Formula the one w/ the liquid Fusion NB Block? Maybe down the road we can plumb you an Elite to hit that too. That goes for everyone else too, just because our systems are sealed and maintenance free doesn't mean you can't have customization. If you have an idea or need something special, just get ahold of us and chances are we can make it happen.
Old June 4, 2008, 07:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I got the whole custom water setting installed in my rig, so the full unit is not for me but, the mtec and mtec controller....... hummm would I be able to find one somewhere ???? :) or maybe just build one.... ahhh possibilities...

I went and checked the coolit web page... let me say ouch, the boraeas unit 550 $... other possibilities out there ?

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....

Last edited by matsta31; June 4, 2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old June 8, 2008, 01:37 PM
Misoprostol

Default Might want to check out something like this

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...im%20Computers
Old June 8, 2008, 01:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh... I want one and I don't even know what the hell it does..... :)

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old June 8, 2008, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

Heh, that's a fun little gadget. I didn't realize NCIX was selling them now. I'm using one right now to keep eight different fans undervolted, and it's doing a fine job. Best of all, once it's configured, it doesn't require any software to load up during startup.
Old June 15, 2008, 11:36 AM
Top Prospect

Sorry to bump, but what I found funny when looking at the reviews is the way the TEC is attached to the heatsink. Why don't you have a solid plate with fins radiating out of it? Instead you have the TEC contacting the radiator at each fin point .. or I'm seeing something wrong.