Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2008, 06:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

ive had em on for less then a week but they seem tight fit it is however very important prior to installing you wipe iso 99% with cotton swabs i did a test with my old 7300 gt and its solid i have tugged at it but its solid i let it sit for 12 hours if yu are buying the VF-900 to cool it let me know yu an get it for around 25 bucks if yer in canada cheaper in US
Old April 30, 2008, 06:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

New Temps
37-39 Idle- Summer
Load 49-52- Summer
32-33 Idle- Winter
Load 40-45- Winter = Past few dayz have been cold up here in ontario my zalman 9700 on my cpu is idlein at 25 degrees.

Just thought id let yea know excepted temp in winter
Old May 1, 2008, 06:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

will do some tests with Gpu Viewer shortly!
Old May 4, 2008, 06:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Well its been almost a week now and the ramsinks are solid im gonna take the card to 700mhz-Gpu 2000mhz-Memory and 1750-Shader and use crysis to test ill get back to yeall on that.

And temps are still lovely i think i really got a good contact on the gpu and i spread that artic silver reallly reallly thin so like they say less is better its true! Cause i noticed reading from other people that their temps are a little bit higher then with me so im guessin its bad contact.
Old May 5, 2008, 11:22 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Wow my temps are nowhere near as good as yours. I have pretty good airflow in my case but my temps are more like 65 to 70 degrees Celcius in crysis with ambient temperature of approximately 22 degrees Celcius. Even with the door off my case the temperature remains above 60.
Old May 5, 2008, 11:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Id re seat the gpu again and re apply the artic silver i did a verrrrrrrrry thin layer its a realllly hot day today in my room and the vid is still idling at 40 i was playin crysis for like an hour yesterday night and it went as high as 53 used Speedfan. I too have the case open at the moment cause its summer and its too bloody hot my cpu is heatin up.
Old May 5, 2008, 01:20 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Yeah I'll try reseating the GPU again. I've done it several times, actually, and used a credit card to spread it as thinly as possible. Heck, when I take it off I can see a slight imprint of the writing on the gpu on the copper surface of the vf900. Maybe this means I'm putting too little?
Old May 5, 2008, 03:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I used a credit card for my cpu and i had to end up doing it twice cause i dont think it spread very well so Honestly i dont think the credit card is any good to be honest i used a very plastic thin card ( Inventory card for work ) its laminated so it keeps its shape but also flexible.

Its easier to bend and move and it was a lot easier to thin the paste and the funny part is i attached the cooler first then realizin i had to put the black washers so too it off and thin it again it was might well done but also remember about tightning the screws in a top left bottom left top right bottom right pattern it gets better contact with the gpu.
Old May 5, 2008, 03:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

All these people are talking about the A1 and passive but passive is still like almost 55-60 degrees i dont think thats all that great . I did have the new cooler from XFX so mine was cooling a lot better from the 1st revision with the small cooler but i wanted to keep the temps as low as possible and 40-53 max is more my kinda party since i wanted to keep my room as cool as possible.

Also skadebo which maker of card do you have Evga xfx bfg? make sure your not voiding your warranty, Xfx lets you change cooler without voiding warranty and i would recommend getting an ANTEC spot cool fan or if yu can mod one yerself to cool the mofsets just incase i have one blowing right at the mofsets.
Old May 5, 2008, 04:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have been a spreader in the past but with my recent upgrades I tried the Rice method for both my CPU and GPU coolers. I'd have to say both methods have produced great results for me. Since the Rice is easier I will probably just go with that in the future. Not sure why skadebo is getting high temps? Are you using the fan controller on the Zalman? Maybe it needs to be turned up? I left mine off so it runs at default speed 24/7 and I get temps similar to Dashock. Maybe a few degrees higher, but nothing I care to sneeze at.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE