LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2013, 05:32 PM
Top Prospect

Default Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force Photo preview

Something wicked this way comes.......

Watch for full review coming soon!
Old June 6, 2013, 07:53 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I must admit this mobo interests me...but those two fans worry me. How loud are they (ie how 'bout a sneaky peaky :P)?

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 6, 2013, 09:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nice, I opted for the regular OC version.

Looking forward to seeing the review, and maybe some scores on the bot

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old June 6, 2013, 09:11 PM

My System Specs

I don't like orange otherwise this would be the board I would buy. What are you using for videocards that you required the PLX chip?
Old June 7, 2013, 08:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can you disable the fans in the bios? or, short of that, unplug them? Seems to me they would be superfluous if you ever decide to watercool using the built-in barbs.

EDIT: Well, I see where the chipset fan is plugged in, but I can't see where the plug for the VRM fan is.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 7, 2013, 09:30 AM
Top Prospect

Built in barbs, after people constantly said barbs on the M5Formula were stupid compared to a G 1/4 port. Gigabyte a step behind as always.
Old June 7, 2013, 10:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

wow, lots of little buttons. hooray, the turbo button is back.

Old June 10, 2013, 05:17 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
I must admit this mobo interests me...but those two fans worry me. How loud are they (ie how 'bout a sneaky peaky :P)?
Fans are quieter than the OEM Intel fan. With it running on my bench i cannot really hear them, so in a case, they would be silent.

Just starting to get the system up and running now.
The bios on this thing is a leap forward.
How about voltages in .01 increments?
How about a nice hi-res, mouse friendly bios that is fully customizable. Or the ability to switch back to a more traditional bios?
I may be spending quite a bit of time with this board. Lots to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Can you disable the fans in the bios? or, short of that, unplug them? Seems to me they would be superfluous if you ever decide to watercool using the built-in barbs.

EDIT: Well, I see where the chipset fan is plugged in, but I can't see where the plug for the VRM fan is.
I do not see an option in the bios, still looking. But they can be easily unplugged.

Not sure water cooling is even necessary unless you start pushing bclk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I don't like orange otherwise this would be the board I would buy. What are you using for videocards that you required the PLX chip?
I generally do not play with multi-gpu setups. Not sure how i will test that feature. Anyone want to volunteer some cards?

Last edited by Arinoth; June 10, 2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old June 10, 2013, 06:41 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by G777 View Post
Nice, I opted for the regular OC version.

Looking forward to seeing the review, and maybe some scores on the bot
Hoping to dig into this a bit over the next few weeks.
Budget would only allow a 4670K, but I may delid. Although early testing of this sample shows decent temperatures.
Just threw 1.35V at it and already hit 4.9ghz on water. Not 100% stable but this was quite literally a 3 minute attempt. temps in low 70s under load.

Will take a stab at the overclocking competitions, but a 4770K would have got me a lot further.
Could use some faster ram as well, but budget is blown already.

Any suggestions for memory that wont break the bank? Currently using Gskill 2133. Thinking about Trident X 2400.