Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

First Video is live and please join the MSI facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/MSINBCanada

Hope you enjoy and don't laugh at me to much
Old June 3, 2013, 06:50 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Wow. From the teaser pics I knew it was going to be smexy...but damn that is one purdy beast. Usually not a fan of red racing stripes, but it makes sense in this context.
PLUS I really like the new shipping container. FINALLY we see a high end GPU that comes in box which was NOT designed by a Ritalin addicted ADHD 12 year on a sugar high! Its suble, understated, elegant and YET eye catching AND aggressive. I like it. Honest thats a box I would not mind keeping in my parts bin (makes RMAs much easier)...instead of burring it DEEP.

Quick question, what size heatpipes are these 6mm or 8mm? Couldnt tell from the video (need MOAR close UPS!). Im assuming 6mm for the four and an 8mm for the 'big one' on the back? Would love to see mfg'ers go full monty and use only - the much superior IMHO - 8mm heatpipes. 6mm 'pipes can limit things at insane OC's...even if there are four of them. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 3, 2013, 07:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Wow. From the teaser pics I knew it was going to be smexy...but damn that is one purdy beast. Usually not a fan of red racing stripes, but it makes sense in this context.
PLUS I really like the new shipping container. FINALLY we see a high end GPU that comes in box which was NOT designed by a Ritalin addicted ADHD 12 year on a sugar high! Its suble, understated, elegant and YET eye catching AND aggressive. I like it. Honest thats a box I would not mind keeping in my parts bin (makes RMAs much easier)...instead of burring it DEEP.

Quick question, what size heatpipes are these 6mm or 8mm? Couldnt tell from the video (need MOAR close UPS!). Im assuming 6mm for the four and an 8mm for the 'big one' on the back? Would love to see mfg'ers go full monty and use only - the much superior IMHO - 8mm heatpipes. 6mm 'pipes can limit things at insane OC's...even if there are four of them. :)

Thanks AkG already ordered better lighting for the next ones but I will get the info that is needed as well as post way better photos tonight :)
Old June 3, 2013, 07:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice enough unboxing vid. Could do with a fade transition between the 2 products and slightly slower credits (and maybe some music in the background, brining it to the fore-ground for anything you want to show close-up or just not talking for..
+1 on close-ups and cuts. (holds attention better)
Might think about recording the voice after the filming or getting a off-cam mic too (depending on how much you want to keep doing these and how pro you want to go. :P)

For some reason I had you pictured as a much older guy than you are lol

AKG, on the lightning it's 2x6mm 2x8mm and 1x10mm.. Think it uses the same heatsink but maybe the heatpipes will be an area which they save a lil bit on.. Can't actually find any review or the spec's on MSI's site to say what it is..

\edit, just watched a newegg unboxing and the guy sasy he thinks it's 4x6mm and 1x8/10mm
And also spotted a gigabyte 4GB version.
Old June 3, 2013, 08:05 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah, thats what I politely getting at...ie MSI they took their Lightening...and BEEFED it up even more. Would love to see the 'it will OC until desired heat level is reached' claim put to the test via robust 8mm pipes. :)

Either way good 1st unboxing video soulesone21. One of the few I didnt want to gouge my eyes out after 'watching'. Bit of polish, bit more detail, bit more closeups and can see you giving every ones 'favourite' unboxer (who shall remain nameless) some real competition. :P

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 3, 2013, 08:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Yeah, thats what I politely getting at...ie MSI they took their Lightening...and BEEFED it up even more. Would love to see the 'it will OC until desired heat level is reached' claim put to the test via robust 8mm pipes. :)

Either way good 1st unboxing video soulesone21. One of the few I didnt want to gouge my eyes out after 'watching'. Bit of polish, bit more detail, bit more closeups and can see you giving every ones 'favourite' unboxer (who shall remain nameless) some real competition. :P
Thanks a lot, I really wanted this to be a work in progress where the suggestions will be followed through, my Camera woman might need some training same with my editing skills but in due time :)
Old June 3, 2013, 08:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Unless you have a decent "stand", tripod / whatever or she has a REALLY steady hand then your probably going to be limited to some simple zooms etc. Changing static shots work much better than shaky movement..

All comes with practice and polish though. :) Perhaps a cheap or home-made steady cam mount / harness / tiny camera boom would be ideal for you though
Old June 3, 2013, 08:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Unless you have a decent "stand", tripod / whatever or she has a REALLY steady hand then your probably going to be limited to some simple zooms etc. Changing static shots work much better than shaky movement..

All comes with practice and polish though. :) Perhaps a cheap or home-made steady cam mount / harness / tiny camera boom would be ideal for you though
We have a tripod well about 6 but lighting is the next upgrade as well as the mic, we will also be moving soon so once that happens we will get it all setup right :)
Old June 3, 2013, 09:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, some better lighting will make a big difference, methinks. Nice unboxing!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 3, 2013, 10:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Almost forgot, Subbed. :)