Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1, 2013, 02:02 AM
MVP

Default Looking for reviews of Memory Express

This seems to be the closest place in the forums to post this thread, I'm looking to make a purchase from Memory Express but have never dealt with them before and can find little about them. Just wondered if anyone has had experience ordering from them. It would be online as I don't live out west.
Old May 1, 2013, 03:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Have ordered from them a couple times without issue. Fast processing times, great shipping price, the best price match (price beat) policy going. It's the only place other than ncix I have ordered from in the last year.
Old May 1, 2013, 05:55 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Nothing but good experiences for me, they are my go to store.
Old May 1, 2013, 06:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

They are great. Customer service is great, price matching is great, Wednesday night free shipping is great.

No complaints, other than the fact that they will ship only to an address listed on your CC, and my main CC company only allows one address on file. :(
Old May 1, 2013, 07:33 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I've been using the ones in Edmonton steadily and have had nothing but good experiences. The only negatives I could think of about MemEx is that they seemed to have joined the 'phoney sale' marketing squad where their 'sale' is always on for some products and their price is the same as anywhere else. Also they don't keep the physical price labels in store up to date (not a big deal and it's always turned out their price had dropped from what was listed, but they're still inaccurate).

Their prices are usually pretty good, often cheaper than NCIX (though not always) and the price beat is great. I price beat every part on the first PC I built from their North Edmonton store and didn't have any issues from the staff.
Old May 1, 2013, 08:17 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

LOL, I saw one of those stores in the new show Continuum and I thought it was made up, lol.
GAMER: Win7 Pro x64, I7 3770K (stock) (CM 212+), Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Gigabyte 7970 OC Ghz Edition 3 GB, Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Crucial M4 120 GB + 256GB, Crucial M500 480 GB SSD, 1TB WD Blk, BRD, HX750W, Auz X-Fi Prelude, & Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p: i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz (undervolted by 80mV), 16GB DDR3L-1866MHz, Intel GMA 4600HD / SLI'ed Nvidia Geforce GT 755M 2GB GDDR5, 240 GB Crucial SSD, 128GB M.2 SSD, 15.6" HD+ Glossy LED
Old May 1, 2013, 11:05 AM
Allstar

I usually use their physical store in Richmond, BC. Last time I got a Corsair 300R case and they even price beat NCIX even tho NCIX is out of stock.
Old May 1, 2013, 12:30 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have had really good experiences with Memory Express, online ordering is easy, price beat is great and delivery is very fast and cheap. The store in Richmond is huge and the staff I dealt with were very helpful, and they price beat NCIX immediately.
Old May 1, 2013, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I recently ordered a wheel stand from them and during shipping I learned it wouldn't be compatible with my h-pattern shifter. The package was 20kg. I emailed them and they told me to refuse the shipment and I'd be refunded minus the original shipping cost. I emailed them again to ask them if I'd be charged the ship-back cost as well (if you refuse a shipment, the shipper is charged for the ship-back cost). I asked because the wheel stand was $200 and the original shipping plus the ship-back shipping would have been about $70, so I probably would have just kept the stand in that scenario. ME replied and they repeated that I'd be refunded less the original shipping cost. When the credit processing was complete, I received an email confirming I was only charged for the original shipping cost.

In short, ME paid for my elementary mistake. I don't think the customer service gets much better than that.

Last edited by YukonTrooper; May 1, 2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old May 1, 2013, 02:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

They let me return my 1st blackwidow ultimate. It was just outside the 30 days, and they said they found trace amounts of liquid. I argued that I just had opened it up as I had been insanely busy for the month with midterms and it didn't work out of the box. For the record I didn't spill anything on it, and I didn't get to use it. They didn't have to RMA it but they did :)

I bricked my 1st crosshair V with a double error in flashing the bios. The return took all of 10 min, and that's only because they flashed the bios for me in store with an up to date version, free of charge.

always flash bios with an USB stick