Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2012, 12:32 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 39
Default

That card looks very nice. Would look even better with my msi motherboard. How much of a bottleneck would there be (if at all) when paired with an amd 955 processor?
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2012, 12:34 PM
Soullessone21's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary AB
Posts: 1,319

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
That card looks very nice. Would look even better with my msi motherboard. How much of a bottleneck would there be (if at all) when paired with an amd 955 processor?
What overclock are you running? if its mild then the CPU might slow you down but if ur around the 4Ghz mark then the 660Ti PE is probably right where you want to be for most gaming. Its a great mid range card and I cant stress how dead silent it is enough :D
__________________
Good Bye HWC it was great :)
Site and Forum:
http://forums.realhardwarereviews.com/index.php

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2012, 09:04 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 39
Default

I'm using stock speeds right now. Better save up for a cooler so i can overclock it then.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2012, 09:11 PM
Soullessone21's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary AB
Posts: 1,319

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
I'm using stock speeds right now. Better save up for a cooler so i can overclock it then.
highly recommend the noctua 14 series
__________________
Good Bye HWC it was great :)
Site and Forum:
http://forums.realhardwarereviews.com/index.php

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old August 16, 2012, 09:28 PM
ZZLEE's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: KANATA
Posts: 2,142

My System Specs

Default

Time to start saving pennys :)

Nice review Thanks >
__________________
"EVGA hunted down the last dozen or so expats living in Karachi." SKY
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old August 17, 2012, 12:00 PM
Soullessone21's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary AB
Posts: 1,319

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
Time to start saving pennys :)

Nice review Thanks >
Thanks means a lot and go with the MSI one due to the fact its so nice looking and runs like a champ.
Might replace my 670 with two MSI660TI PE's for a nice sli setup
__________________
Good Bye HWC it was great :)
Site and Forum:
http://forums.realhardwarereviews.com/index.php

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old August 17, 2012, 04:08 PM
dandelioneater's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 1,114

My System Specs

Default

Nice review Soul! Must be alot of work to do up a decent review . I especially like MSI's heatsinks and the fact that the power connectors are located on the end of the pcb instead of the middle like the on the reference cards. I couldn't imagine how awkward routing cables would be to the middle of the pcb.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old August 17, 2012, 04:28 PM
SugarJ's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 6,140

My System Specs

Default

Actually, the power connectors are at the end of the PCB on the reference 660 Ti's, it's just that the fan shroud protrudes a couple inches past the board that makes it look like it's in the middle.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old August 17, 2012, 04:46 PM
Soullessone21's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary AB
Posts: 1,319

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioneater View Post
Nice review Soul! Must be alot of work to do up a decent review . I especially like MSI's heatsinks and the fact that the power connectors are located on the end of the pcb instead of the middle like the on the reference cards. I couldn't imagine how awkward routing cables would be to the middle of the pcb.
Oh wow thanks so much really appreciate the kind words. Cable management with the 660ti was super easy but even with my 670 EVGA with the tiny PCB and huge shroud the cables were not so bad I just stuck a cable management snap to the fan housing and ran the 6 pins along that haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Actually, the power connectors are at the end of the PCB on the reference 660 Ti's, it's just that the fan shroud protrudes a couple inches past the board that makes it look like it's in the middle.
Very true and those mini PCB's are awesome when water cooled they free up tons of room to do nifty things with your extra space like a nice mini rez

PS your avatar pisses me off as it makes me always want to go play fallout haha And no deals for you with the barter perk pip boy :P
__________________
Good Bye HWC it was great :)
Site and Forum:
http://forums.realhardwarereviews.com/index.php

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old August 17, 2012, 11:36 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Very true and those mini PCB's are awesome when water cooled they free up tons of room to do nifty things with your extra space like a nice mini rez
Are you going to watercool yours?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WIP Mechwarrior Build*Reserved* Soullessone21 Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 8 May 4, 2012 06:53 AM
Half of my ram is reserved for hardware. HELP!!! Saulkar Troubleshooting 10 December 21, 2011 12:47 PM
Buying parts tomorrow for SB tomorrow! tl9015 New Builds 2 January 16, 2011 04:05 AM
Deleted System Reserved Partition Malam Storage 4 December 31, 2010 06:46 PM
UFC 102 tomorrow night badatcards Off Topic 0 August 28, 2009 04:16 PM