Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19, 2012, 04:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default BitFenix Internal USB 3.0 Adapter

Hi everyone,

Did you ever feel you bought your case too early and are now stuck with either USB cables getting out of the case and into the back connections or a huge USB connector floating around in your case? I did, so I began searching and found this little beauty : The BitFenix Internal USB 3.0 Adapter.

It is very solid. Connectors are quality and they will stay in place (even the motherboard one). I also really like the "plastic cover" that protects the USB cables connectors from dust. It is a little pricy though, total shipped using no issurance and slowest delivery is 17.83$ CAD.

I will review the unit now since I will probably loose half of you at the pictures .

Quality: 10
Price: 8
Lenght: 9 (I did miss about 2 inches to get those connectors completly out of the mobo area)
Overall: 9/10

I strongly recommend this product if you hate the way your early USB 3.0 front header solution hangs around your case.

It simply turns your front motherboard to two female USB connectors. Using it is pretty simple, even though, here is a small tutorial made entirely of 100% crappy pictures ... yeah sorry for the pictures.

This tutorial uses a connector that comes with an ASUS P8P67-PRO connected into a HAF-X.

1) Unplug your current USB 3.0 solution

2) Connect the BitFenix unit to USB cables first. As you can see in the first picture below, the unit is sturdy when new and plugging it into the motherboard might do some damage the connector when connecting the USB cables.

3) Make sure the remaining cables are flat on the side panel.

Gameplay > Graphics ... oh wait

Food > Gameplay > Graphics > Movies > Sleep > Work
Old January 19, 2012, 05:07 PM

My System Specs

Honestly I think I prefer the way you had it originally. With that one you can do it right behind the mainboard tray. That BitFenix adapter is kind of short. Although it is a good solution if your motherboard never came w/ such an adapter.