Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2011, 05:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default DO NOT BUY GIGABYTE

I always used to buy gigabyte boards, but no more. I bought a used 890fxa-ud5 board. I had to RMA it recently, why, long story and I cant talk about it. Anyways it finally got there. I got an email 4 days later that they have it and they will inspect and if something needs to be changed inform them within 2 business days. This was last week. Anyways I called them yesterday and today. Had to pay long distance as their number for RMA enquiries or anything else is local.

I just spoke to someone and they said, it's packed and ready to be shipped and I will get a tracking number once it's shipped? I asked them if I am getting the same board back and or what did they fix? She said, "it's the same board and the fix was the latest version of bios"?

Are you kidding me, I asked, she said no.

Is gigabyte the worst company to deal with? Like I called them atleast a couple of times before, they really do suck.

I am so mad right now. I spent so much time and effort before sending this board, and the fix was latest version of bios which I had done already.

This better work when it comes back or I am contacting better business bureau lol

EDIT: Here is the funny thing, the last version of bios on their site is:
RSS
Version Size Date Download Here Description
F6 0.74 MB 2010/11/24 Asia China America Europe Europe(Russia) : FTP / Http
Support new JM363 version
Fix Cool'n'Quiet compatibility

This bios they are talking about it, better not be that:(
Old November 30, 2011, 05:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You 100% sure it wasn't your CPU?
Old November 30, 2011, 05:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
You 100% sure it wasn't your CPU?
Hmmm no, but the solution does not make sense though. How can you update bios to a version it was already was? I actually rma'd 1055T as well and I love AMD support, they send you an email every step of the way.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It may have been corrupted from the CPU? I dunno wait until you actually get the board before knocking on the company.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:21 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Right, but I am still dissatisfied with the support I got from them. So far they have really been disappointing. And yes they really do suck. I just did some search and gigabyte are not known for their customer support.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:28 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

The last Gigabyte board I had (for my Q6600) was a great board stability-wise, but it had an issue with the audio and something called dpc latency. Some folks sent in their boards for rma and the engineers loaded a bios that was not listed on the Gigabyte site that helped the issue.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 30, 2011, 06:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
The last Gigabyte board I had (for my Q6600) was a great board stability-wise, but it had an issue with the audio and something called dpc latency. Some folks sent in their boards for rma and the engineers loaded a bios that was not listed on the Gigabyte site that helped the issue.
Ah I really hope so, thanks Captain. I appreciate that. But I still don't like their customer support and they don't have a toll free number? Like which decade do they think it is.
Old November 30, 2011, 07:04 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
Ah I really hope so, thanks Captain. I appreciate that. But I still don't like their customer support and they don't have a toll free number? Like which decade do they think it is.
No toll-free number sucks for sure. Asus has an rma depot near here (30 min drive)...your call to Gigabyte might have cost you more than the gas I would spend to visit personally.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 30, 2011, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you get mad that fast and stop buying a brand because they found fix you have fail to do. You wont be buying any comptuer hardware really soon.
Gigabyte have some of the best successfull RMA out there, so many brand ship defective board or fail to even find a problem on the mobo.
Next time before starting to bitch at some company maybe you could wait to see if they fixed the problem? Because now you will only look like an idiot if it was really a bios problem.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old November 30, 2011, 07:24 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
If you get mad that fast and stop buying a brand because they found fix you have fail to do. You wont be buying any comptuer hardware really soon.
Gigabyte have some of the best successfull RMA out there, so many brand ship defective board or fail to even find a problem on the mobo.
Next time before starting to bitch at some company maybe you could wait to see if they fixed the problem? Because now you will only look like an idiot if it was really a bios problem.
Well, in all fairness, they said the fix was updating it to the latest bios, when it already was the latest.

IMO, it (gigabyte) isn't that bad, considering some of the other warranties.

Last edited by NI3; November 30, 2011 at 07:33 PM.