Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2011, 09:07 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

looks like he will get a new board with new bios .
Old December 6, 2011, 09:40 AM
Allstar

After my horrible experience with the EP35 DS4 (I believe) and the cold boot issue which was never resolved and which one day just wouldn't boot anymore I've pretty much decided to avoid them when possible. It would have been different had they actually fixed it but from what I understand it was an issue for people for numerous years.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old December 6, 2011, 03:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by neojjjk View Post
looks like he will get a new board with new bios .
I doubt that lol, I was told that it's the same board and it has been fixed and the fix was the latest bios.
Old December 11, 2011, 10:34 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default updae

According to USPS tracking number, it was scheduled to be picked up on the 1st of december which did happen. However, it's the 11th today and according to the USPS site, it's still in the US. Has not arrived to Canada yet. Not only Gigabyte has a horrible customer support, they are also super slow and use cheap means of shipping.

I have RMA'd to MSI, EVGA, Antec twice and they all used well know carrier services, instead of national postal services.
Old December 11, 2011, 11:02 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

You cant blame them for using the basic shipping method, since they are paying for it. At this point its out of their hands and in USPS's. Your package may have been delayed at the border.
Old December 11, 2011, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
According to USPS tracking number, it was scheduled to be picked up on the 1st of december which did happen. However, it's the 11th today and according to the USPS site, it's still in the US. Has not arrived to Canada yet. Not only Gigabyte has a horrible customer support, they are also super slow and use cheap means of shipping.

I have RMA'd to MSI, EVGA, Antec twice and they all used well know carrier services, instead of national postal services.

bah humbug
i hope it gets stuk till 2012 lol

trackin doesnt always work
@ least you gettin it

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old December 12, 2011, 02:32 AM
MVP

Quote:

It is likely sitting at the border. or just cleared late.

What you want to hope is that they don't/didn't at the border assess it a charge due to the package and documentation not being filled out indicating its a warranty return from RMA

Some dumb*** companies like Razer send stuff back from RMA's and don't mark its a RMA repair and you get hit with the fees, had this happen in our home with Razer products within the last 3 months.
We just refused it and they didn't like it but thats to bad.
I am not taking the time to "reclaim" anything like that on rebate forms to gov't depts., they can send it correct in the first place.

Thats why I avoid that joint to.
Mushkin #997007
Noctua NH-D14
Gigabyte GTX 660
Seasonic X-660
Corsair 540 Cube
Noctua case fans
Intel Speed Demon x 2

using Prime 95 27.9

Old December 12, 2011, 04:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

ok with your USPS track# punch in @ canada post to speed up clearance also check box to notify
Old December 12, 2011, 05:12 AM
Rookie

Sooooo.. I'm assuming the issue has been partly resolved so far? Soz, but the thread is 8 pages long lol. I'm intrigued by this as I've never had to RMA anything in my life and also the fact that one of my co-worker who's an avid fan boy to branding always bang on about how Gigabyte is the best blah blah and if I'm honest it just goes out the other ear.
Old December 12, 2011, 06:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
It is likely sitting at the border. or just cleared late.

What you want to hope is that they don't/didn't at the border assess it a charge due to the package and documentation not being filled out indicating its a warranty return from RMA

Some dumb*** companies like Razer send stuff back from RMA's and don't mark its a RMA repair and you get hit with the fees, had this happen in our home with Razer products within the last 3 months.
We just refused it and they didn't like it but thats to bad.
I am not taking the time to "reclaim" anything like that on rebate forms to gov't depts., they can send it correct in the first place.

Thats why I avoid that joint to.
thats exactly what happened to me with a gigabut rma
got stuk @ border and i had to pay cause they did not mark it as rma

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram