Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2011, 02:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by upcoast604 View Post
I have 3 gigabyte boards, one was buggered then I soon found out how useless gigabyte tech/rma was, thankfully ncix still had a 1yr coverage on that board, ncix swapped it out (10 months after purchase) and the new one has been fine for 3 yrs.

I still buy gigabyte but I don't count on any service from them, hence gigabyte doesn't get more than $100 or less per board outta my pocket.

I have never had to RMA a giga board before. One of my all time fanvorite boards was EP45-Extreme and EP45-ExtremeT. The one one without the T I bought recently used off here. I like their boards, It had me over clocked my old q9550 at 4.0 ghz stable no problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
... You can rage about bad service, etc, but I have no respect for your argument to not buy Gigabyte.

I have known people to have RMA issues with many manufactures including ASUS, I don't see enough information from you to justify that you did proper troubleshooting to ensure it was the mobo itself.

Still, I will concede that it sounds like they provided a frustrating experience over the phone and it never feels nice to have the same part shipped back. Still, did you at least use tech support (no matter how much it sucks and how long it takes) to have them run you through possible solutions before getting a RMA #?
I am a customer, and a customer is always right. It probably was my fault, so what? I had done way too much troubleshooting trust me. I did lots of it here for 2-4 days straight spent too much time. Anyways, its my decision not to buy their boards anymore just in case I have to RMA them. I will buy asus or MSI, as their RMA is great and they are here in Ontario.

Oh and I did get an RMA number from them, they told me "sounds like your motherboard needs to be serviced". That being said, I wasnt expecting a brand new board, I just didnt understand the solution nor the explanation.

We are in 2011. And if you as a company don't and or can't put your clients first then your competitors witll snatch your clients. Thats just how things work. Too bad for gigabyte, the one thing they are cheaping out which is the MOST IMPORTANT part of a business is customer support.

That being said, I don't think others are wayy better, but I would give them a try instead of gigabyte because of my personal experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
i was lucky when ncix covered boards a few years ago lol i was averaging 1 gigabyte rma a month
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
I find Gigabyte boards are great if you enjoy troubleshooting and the RMA process... Personally I've had nothing but bad luck with them. After RMA'ing three boards within a few months I said I would never buy another one... The last straw was when I couldn't wait for my Asus board to come in from the egg... Drove down to CanadaComputers and picked up an Gigabyte board because that's all they had in stock, put the sucker together... *drum roll* booted fine... once... Troubleshoot for an hour... nothing... Take board back... get another one... put it together... say a quick prayer...*drum roll* no beeps, no fans spinning, no nothing... Board was completely dead Needless to say I was none too happy... It might just be me I don't know... I'll buy them used if they are cheap enough... That way at least there is a remote chance they might work properly...
Bogg I honestly think you had bad luck man, I loved their boards, friggin solid and always worked great for me. One of my other all time favorite board was P55A-ud3, yes ud3, it was friggin solid as hell and helped me run my old i5 750 at 4.2ghz 24/7.

Quote:
lol i had 7 die in a matter of weeks in 1 year
i never counted the DOA ones lol
in all the years gigabut ony made 2 good boards the p45 and x58
even those have had alot of doas n rmas

they rush n are one of the first to hit the stores
personally i'm done with gigabyte

my z68 gene-z runnin circles around my old ud7 lol
i was lucky rma took 3 months
or i'd still have the ud7 lol

ever since Shamino left evga to work for asus the asus boards just rock
LOL Zsamz and you dumped it on me, that's ok, I re-dumped it on someone else 10 dollars cheaper lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
So far my gigabyte board is working perfectly.
Yea no doubt they make solid boards.
Old December 3, 2011, 03:17 PM
MVP

The big problem with rmas is theturnaround time your shipping cost.
By the time you get the board back you may as well have bought another board.
Thats why I never buy super expensive mb's
Mushkin #997007
Noctua NH-D14
Gigabyte GTX 660
Seasonic X-660
Corsair 540 Cube
Noctua case fans
Intel Speed Demon x 2

using Prime 95 27.9

Old December 3, 2011, 04:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
Bogg I honestly think you had bad luck man, I loved their boards, friggin solid and always worked great for me. One of my other all time favorite board was P55A-ud3, yes ud3, it was friggin solid as hell and helped me run my old i5 750 at 4.2ghz 24/7.
That may very well be the case... I almost always research a new board purchase and I must say that the Gigabyte boards are very often highly rated performance and stability wise... They are also generally cheaper than Asus boards... my current board of choice now. I've owned dozens of Asus boards and have never had one fail on me other than from a lightning strike... but that's another story Luck of the draw I guess...
Old December 3, 2011, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post

LOL Zsamz and you dumped it on me, that's ok, I re-dumped it on someone else 10 dollars cheaper lol

but i'm 1000% you were happy with the board
i'm surprised you didnt make $ on it lol

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old December 3, 2011, 06:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
but i'm 1000% you were happy with the board
i'm surprised you didnt make $ on it lol
I was super happy. At the time I was having problems with my PSU, as I had 2 470's going. I think I sold the combo for 515 to someone here and they were local. I lost more than 10 lol as my cpu I bought was bought off someone but was brand new and sealed and I paid lots for it:(
Old December 4, 2011, 09:30 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

How is Gigabyte's Rma support?
I am planning to buy a graphics card from them.they are offering a 20$ MIR .please reply asap,cause I am planning to get one today.If they are not good then I ll choose MSI .
Old December 4, 2011, 09:54 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I personally would take GB over MSI when it comes to RMA. MSI have improved but they are still not "good enough" for me to trust them again. IMHO if you are worried about RMAs go with Asus (rma's stay inside Canada) or EVGA or XFX. Those are the three big ones I trust. Just my POV and personal preference....YMMV...etc etc

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 4, 2011, 09:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by neojjjk View Post
How is Gigabyte's Rma support?
I am planning to buy a graphics card from them.they are offering a 20$ MIR .please reply asap,cause I am planning to get one today.If they are not good then I ll choose MSI .
I can't tell you, it's your decision. But I would personally take MSI, one they give way less hassle and their RMA depot is in Ontario, not California and usually they just replace the product for you. I rma'd MSI BIGBANG x58 mobo, over 300 dollars mobo at the time I rma'd it earlier this year, I received an email at around 12pm from them that it's been accepted. 20 mins later I received another email stating they have shipped the replacement with a tracking number.

Gigabyte took 2 days to send an email that they received my board. I had checked the tracking information etc.

EDIT: Another important thing to keep in mind, with Gigabyte, there is no way to check the RMA status online other than to call them and that would be long distance.

With MSI, you can check the status of your RMA request anytime online. That is something else to keep in mind.

Last edited by Your_friendly_gamer; December 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old December 4, 2011, 10:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I did a RMA for a 560TI back in August. It took around 4 weeks and I have no clue if I got a brand new card or a refurbished card.

I just got a tracking number after 3 weeks (which didn't work at all... stuck at : electronic billed received) and got a white box at my door without any paper or explanations.

I'm not overly impressed by the process.. It's just correct.

A lot better than the nightmare I had to go through with EVGA and well 3 GTX 280 in total. Thanks to 3.0Charlie for the help with that

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old December 4, 2011, 12:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I am confused now .,I have some more questions.so I ll start a new thread .