Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2011, 09:55 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default The real reason why I posted this

I am not happy with the support I received from their customer support/rma department. I however like their boards. I always had them. Yes sometimes we may have issues I agree. The only reason I won't buy gigabyte boards or video cards again, just in case I ever need to RMA them. That is the only reason I will never buy gigabyte, because of their support I received. Other than that I think they really make solid boards. And they always run cooler than other boards I found.

Thanks
Old December 2, 2011, 05:34 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
Other than that I think they really make solid boards. And they always run cooler than other boards I found.
I believe I heard from our resident mobo reviewer that gigabyte used some nice new digital VRMs that don't burn up like VRMs use to. I guess that is how they pull off smaller VRM cooling fit above the socket on their 2011 line up which is nice. I still don't trust gigabyte sandy bridge boards for the reason previously stated.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:18 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Just replaced a Gigabyte board with another Gigabyte board, and though I'm sympathetic to them not putting you through to the C.T.O. for a detailed explanation and timeline for how they'll be repairing your board, it's not enough to keep me from continuing to use Gigabyte boards.
Cooler Master HAF X - Thermaltake Toughpower W0178RU 850W - GIGABYTE G1.Assassin - Intel Core i7 930 - Noctua NH-U12P SE2 - Kingston Hyper X Red 1600 4x4GB - 2 X SAMSUNG DVD Burner SH-S223L LightScribe - WD1001FALS 1TB - WD FAEX 1TB - Acer AL2216W - Samsung S27D360 - Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Keyboard - Logitech MX620 - Win 7 Professional x64
Old December 3, 2011, 08:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunoia View Post
Just replaced a Gigabyte board with another Gigabyte board, and though I'm sympathetic to them not putting you through to the C.T.O. for a detailed explanation and timeline for how they'll be repairing your board, it's not enough to keep me from continuing to use Gigabyte boards.
lol Thanks
Old December 3, 2011, 08:31 AM
MVP

I have 3 gigabyte boards, one was buggered then I soon found out how useless gigabyte tech/rma was, thankfully ncix still had a 1yr coverage on that board, ncix swapped it out (10 months after purchase) and the new one has been fine for 3 yrs.

I still buy gigabyte but I don't count on any service from them, hence gigabyte doesn't get more than $100 or less per board outta my pocket.
Old December 3, 2011, 10:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

... You can rage about bad service, etc, but I have no respect for your argument to not buy Gigabyte.

I have known people to have RMA issues with many manufactures including ASUS, I don't see enough information from you to justify that you did proper troubleshooting to ensure it was the mobo itself.

Still, I will concede that it sounds like they provided a frustrating experience over the phone and it never feels nice to have the same part shipped back. Still, did you at least use tech support (no matter how much it sucks and how long it takes) to have them run you through possible solutions before getting a RMA #?
Old December 3, 2011, 10:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by upcoast604 View Post
I have 3 gigabyte boards, one was buggered then I soon found out how useless gigabyte tech/rma was, thankfully ncix still had a 1yr coverage on that board, ncix swapped it out (10 months after purchase) and the new one has been fine for 3 yrs.

I still buy gigabyte but I don't count on any service from them, hence gigabyte doesn't get more than $100 or less per board outta my pocket.

i was lucky when ncix covered boards a few years ago lol i was averaging 1 gigabyte rma a month

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old December 3, 2011, 11:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
i was lucky when ncix covered boards a few years ago lol i was averaging 1 gigabyte rma a month
I find Gigabyte boards are great if you enjoy troubleshooting and the RMA process... Personally I've had nothing but bad luck with them. After RMA'ing three boards within a few months I said I would never buy another one... The last straw was when I couldn't wait for my Asus board to come in from the egg... Drove down to CanadaComputers and picked up an Gigabyte board because that's all they had in stock, put the sucker together... *drum roll* booted fine... once... Troubleshoot for an hour... nothing... Take board back... get another one... put it together... say a quick prayer...*drum roll* no beeps, no fans spinning, no nothing... Board was completely dead Needless to say I was none too happy... It might just be me I don't know... I'll buy them used if they are cheap enough... That way at least there is a remote chance they might work properly...
Old December 3, 2011, 11:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
I find Gigabyte boards are great if you enjoy troubleshooting and the RMA process... Personally I've had nothing but bad luck with them. After RMA'ing three boards within a few months I said I would never buy another one... The last straw was when I couldn't wait for my Asus board to come in from the egg... Drove down to CanadaComputers and picked up an Gigabyte board because that's all they had in stock, put the sucker together... *drum roll* booted fine... once... Troubleshoot for an hour... nothing... Take board back... get another one... put it together... say a quick prayer...*drum roll* no beeps, no fans spinning, no nothing... Board was completely dead Needless to say I was none too happy... It might just be me I don't know... I'll buy them used if they are cheap enough... That way at least there is a remote chance they might work properly...

lol i had 7 die in a matter of weeks in 1 year
i never counted the DOA ones lol
in all the years gigabut ony made 2 good boards the p45 and x58
even those have had alot of doas n rmas

they rush n are one of the first to hit the stores
personally i'm done with gigabyte

my z68 gene-z runnin circles around my old ud7 lol
i was lucky rma took 3 months
or i'd still have the ud7 lol

ever since Shamino left evga to work for asus the asus boards just rock

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old December 3, 2011, 01:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So far my gigabyte board is working perfectly.