e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old November 30, 2011, 07:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keto View Post
You RMA'd both the board AND the cpu? You don't even know what the problem is, how can you whine about the manufacturer?

I've been building my and my families computers for 14 years now, and have yet to have an RMA or a failed part...that you have had to RMA mulitple parts from multiple vendors says....something.

Giga makes very solid mobo's, I've used a bunch...I'd say their reputation is 2nd in the industry, probably behind ASUS...which, I recognize, doesn't necessarily make their customer service great.
I think you are missing the point. I am not complaining about the product as much as the process and lack of intelligence in itheir customer support department. Trust me I have always had giga boards as they are solid and run cooler than other boards.

Anyways, you have a right to your opinion so do I. I won;t buy gigabyte again. Period.

Last edited by Your_friendly_gamer; November 30, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old November 30, 2011, 07:55 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I do admit Gigabyte RMA customer service is something that is, well rather lacking. Search up my own problem with GB and the only way I got it properly resolved was by getting my case bumped up and talking to a customer retention guy.

If you are too lazy to search, here it is: Gigabyte RMA Customer Service (UPDATED READ LATEST POSTS)
wow that is ridulous, is that the one I bought off you and had it for a very short period of time?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
me i will never buy another gigabyte board ever again

took them 3 months for my rma of a b2 p67-ud7
5 phone calls n 6 emails

i dumped it on Your_friendly_gamer as soon as i got the new board
he got it for dirt cheap lol

Yea that was a sick deal at the time. But no more gigabyte for me sir.
Old December 1, 2011, 03:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
LOL do you work for gigabyte? Have you ever called their customer support? One you pay out of your pocket to get help, and 2nd you are getting really really shitty support. No one ever has a clear answer.

I think you maybe missing the point and or a gigabyte fanboy, which is fine.

When I asked them which version they used to fix the issue, they said the latest, the latest is from last year? And when I tried to get more answers, there werent any.

So I will get the same board back maybe with some out of this world bios or some special bios Captain Chris talked about and it would be fixed.

As far as customer support and getting feedback and or getting notifications, they really do suck, I am terribly sorry to upset you.

First of all, get down of your cloud. Acting like that on this forum will bring you trouble.
Second, No I am not GA fanboy, but I used to use their support and RMA service a lot since it have been my job for a little while and their succesfull RMA rate is way over other brand.
You also have to understand ( and it's the same for every place ) that the support rep that answer the phone only have acces to the note that the tech leave in your RMA folder. If the guy down there only leave few info about what he does, the rep wont be able to tell much.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 1, 2011, 05:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
wow that is ridulous, is that the one I bought off you and had it for a very short period of time?:
Yes it was, well in the end they gave me a brand new board that had no issues. Henceforth I've been using their products again, though I have another GB board that seems to have periodic NIC issues and it's the system that doesn't want to shut down.
Old December 1, 2011, 10:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Yes it was, well in the end they gave me a brand new board that had no issues. Henceforth I've been using their products again, though I have another GB board that seems to have periodic NIC issues and it's the system that doesn't want to shut down.
Is that the z68x board you are referring to? I always used the wireless usb thing, as my modem/router is in the living room and I am in the basement.
Old December 1, 2011, 10:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

No, I'm refering to my parent's rig I built for them where its not shutting down properly. The board I got from you has absolutely no issues with it.
Old December 1, 2011, 10:49 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
No, I'm refering to my parent's rig I built for them where its not shutting down properly. The board I got from you has absolutely no issues with it.
Excellent, I trade a lot here, off this topic though, I always make sure I give the person same service/part that I would expect for myself!
Old December 1, 2011, 12:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I used to always use Asus boards but the last two machines I built have been Gigabyte. I buy the IPR from the store so I can avoid dealing with company RMAs....let the store do it.
Old December 1, 2011, 01:48 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I once RMA'ed my P55 UD2 (I did blow it up, board was not to blame -.-) and the process was flawless. Only downpoint was the shipping delays.. it's quite a run from Quebec to all the way down there.. it's the only reason I might consider another vendor on my next purchase. I also have a P55 UD3 and both are running strong.