Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2011, 06:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
If you get mad that fast and stop buying a brand because they found fix you have fail to do. You wont be buying any comptuer hardware really soon.
Gigabyte have some of the best successfull RMA out there, so many brand ship defective board or fail to even find a problem on the mobo.
Next time before starting to bitch at some company maybe you could wait to see if they fixed the problem? Because now you will only look like an idiot if it was really a bios problem.
LOL do you work for gigabyte? Have you ever called their customer support? One you pay out of your pocket to get help, and 2nd you are getting really really shitty support. No one ever has a clear answer.

I think you maybe missing the point and or a gigabyte fanboy, which is fine.

When I asked them which version they used to fix the issue, they said the latest, the latest is from last year? And when I tried to get more answers, there werent any.

So I will get the same board back maybe with some out of this world bios or some special bios Captain Chris talked about and it would be fixed.

As far as customer support and getting feedback and or getting notifications, they really do suck, I am terribly sorry to upset you.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'll never (never say never but I avoid) Gigabyte as I had 3 mobo's from them in a row with some problem or other. (1 was a dead ram slot one was a dodgy ide controller 1 was a dodgy sound card I think.)

The customer service was not great and I ended up selling one board, giving 1 away and binning the last.
RMA'd 1 twice and they found no fault.. tested with ram known to be working and memtested in 3 other mobos and no errors, test in that board (even identified the slot giving the error for them) and they said no fault found.

This was EU but still sucks..

As for your problem, at least they saw it and have done something. It seems to me that they lack communication between their customer liason / rep whatever and their engineers.

But as far as I can see you can't complain.. They have (hopefully) fixed your problem and are sending the item back.

As for the phone number... Since when is it a requirement to have toll free numbers?
Most places use online comms for support these days as it's better for budget and easier to log.

Infact there a a few places that you may be lucky to even find a phone number for.

Last edited by Dzzope; November 30, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:42 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I recommend you wait to get angry until you get the board back. If you get it back and it works, be prepared to receive egg on your face.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I have used EVGA RMA through someone and also MSI RMA directly a couple of times. They are so fast, and they email everytime they do something or determine something.

I just don't like the fact I have to call them, as they never respond to their emails. Anyways, they clearly need to do a better job on customer service.

I am going to keep my fingers crossed, and I will probably bitch more and more if it still doesnt work. I will have completely different cpu to test with and ram.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I recommend you wait to get angry until you get the board back. If you get it back and it works, be prepared to receive egg on your face.
Probably, I would, and I will say sorry, but I won't be sorry for them being slow and having a bad customer support.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If it still doesn't work then yea.. bitch away. yes good comms are good to have but the actual support you got (assuming it has resolved the problem) is fair in my book

Had much worse experiences.

Like the time a company LOST the item I returned and said they had no record of it arriving (even though they had signed for it)
Old November 30, 2011, 07:00 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
If it still doesn't work then yea.. bitch away. yes good comms are good to have but the actual support you got (assuming it has resolved the problem) is fair in my book

Had much worse experiences.

Like the time a company LOST the item I returned and said they had no record of it arriving (even though they had signed for it)
Maybe some employee noticed it was actually an easy fix and took it home.
-Deadpool
Old November 30, 2011, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I pritty much had the identical support from their RMA department with my old GAx58 board.

I wont buy a Gigabyte product again just in case I have to RMA. It was a terrible experience, and the only way I have to show my dissatisfaction is by not purchasing their products.

On the other hand, my ASUS and EVGA RMA support were both outstanding experiences, and I actually would not worry about an RMA with them in the least.

TLDR: +1 OP.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 30, 2011, 07:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I do admit Gigabyte RMA customer service is something that is, well rather lacking. Search up my own problem with GB and the only way I got it properly resolved was by getting my case bumped up and talking to a customer retention guy.

If you are too lazy to search, here it is: Gigabyte RMA Customer Service (UPDATED READ LATEST POSTS)
Old November 30, 2011, 07:43 PM
MVP

You RMA'd both the board AND the cpu? You don't even know what the problem is, how can you whine about the manufacturer?

I've been building my and my families computers for 14 years now, and have yet to have an RMA or a failed part...that you have had to RMA mulitple parts from multiple vendors says....something.

Giga makes very solid mobo's, I've used a bunch...I'd say their reputation is 2nd in the industry, probably behind ASUS...which, I recognize, doesn't necessarily make their customer service great.
EVGA GTX 580 SSC
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite