Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 27, 2010, 11:15 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

just bought the small KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD (would have gotten medium or large but they won't fit on the keyboard tray)... technically the small wont even fit until I buy a tenkeyless keyboard in a month or two.

Hope the quality is great like you guys say. My old mouse pad got worn pretty fast and I didn't end up buying a new one.
Old January 1, 2011, 08:11 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I might try one of these :)

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old January 1, 2011, 04:55 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Came across through through Geekhack and after reading this thread picked up a G3 soft and hard.. interested in seeing just how good these are with my Dell Tactx and Zowie EC2.

Old January 1, 2011, 09:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

One cool thing about PMing with Bestdirect @ NCIX is that you might get the product for a bit less if you use the ASPM system.

That said, my Func Industries AMD promo mouse pad is quite worn. The parts used the most has no more "texture" on it. My bro's Lost planet Func Industries promo pad is even worse. The mouse surface is threatening to come off.

Awesome review @OP :)

-Plato
Old February 15, 2011, 04:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

this just made me to buy one...

today,,, ncix only have med navy blue soft one or med wine red hard one... many is out of stock... so i lead to pick up blue navy because wine red is not for me... but i wish to try hard pad... heck i dont know what really different between hard and soft pad... so i hope to not regret it...

just compare to my gloss table... it works great on mx510... but too slippery for g500 with hi-dpi mode... i will test it for a while...

btw... please tell me your experience about hard and or soft pad... and buy at ncix/db/cd now... i doubt they will re-stock them...
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old March 2, 2011, 11:17 AM
Rookie

Wow they seem to have a bunch more models now, wondering if anyone tried their newer cloth / glass hybrid, seems interesting. If anyone can suggest a pad for me (their website's descriptions aren't exactly amazing), i'd be really grateful. I play a bit of everything, FPS, RPG, and RTS. Mostly interested in having a quality pad for FPS though. Great find by the way.
Old March 12, 2011, 04:16 PM
Rookie

These things are fancy as hell. As soon as this steelseries pad gets too run down, I'll be running to pick up one of these.
Old March 21, 2011, 04:32 PM
Rookie

So I bought one of these March 4th directly from Japan, and the same day I bought a new mouse from Direct Canada which ships from Vancouver. It arrived today, the mouse still isn't here, it took Direct Canada almost two weeks to just process my order and ship it.

The packaging is very sturdy, and the contents were in perfect condition, right down to the packaging list piece of paper which was perfectly flat.

I've never purchased "pro" gaming mouse pads so I don't have much to compare it with, but given the price I paid (even with the shipping) I have to say I'm very impressed and absolutely love it.

Amazing product and price!
Old July 5, 2014, 02:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

THREAD NECRO!

Still using my G3 Hard since purchase - fantastic. Too bad I spilled beer on it about a month ago and now the ends are curled from having washed it :p. Anyone know what the G3 "Hard" equivalent would be nowadays? I see their product lines have been revamped significantly.

Old July 7, 2014, 07:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
THREAD NECRO!

Still using my G3 Hard since purchase - fantastic. Too bad I spilled beer on it about a month ago and now the ends are curled from having washed it :p. Anyone know what the G3 "Hard" equivalent would be nowadays? I see their product lines have been revamped significantly.
The company seems to respond to emails reasonably quickly - I'd just ask them.

And for the meantime you could try ironing the pad with an ironing cloth and high steam to prevent burn shine. That's what I did with mine after it started to curl. Word of caution: it makes the surface slightly smoother than before.