Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2010, 08:38 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Performance-PCs.com Abysmal customer service

Over a month ago I needed a few cables for some PC work I was doing, and ordered them from Performance PC's, as I've heard good things about them in the past.

I placed my order, but when the parts still haven't arrived last week, I inquired for some help by email. I was thinking possibly they forgot to ship it out, or there was some fulfillment issue they were having - as I've had issues with companies who mark things as 'shipped' even if they are out of stock (Cough cough NCIX).

Since I didn't hear back in over a week, I started to get concerned that they might have overlooked my order, or simply have forgotten about my order. I opened a paypal dispute (not a claim) to see if I could get any help.

Today, they replied with this.

"
OK and you are a stupid customer. You chose the "cheap" first class mail option with "no tracking" which you agreed to at checkout and now you post this dispute with paypal! You will never order here again and your info will be forwarded to all the other US resellers for not accepting your responsibility for your shipping decision! ! All the more reason we hate to deal with Canadian people and their lousy postal service!
"

Now, let me remind you that I was simply asking when this was sent, and if they had any further info. Needless to say, this has been escalated to a claim :). Would you say this type of behavior is acceptable after I gave them the benefit of the doubt, and gave them two opportunities to resolve the issue?
Old November 1, 2010, 08:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

wow... i had no comments...

that reseller is a--hole and is not true businessman... if that reseller informed other then i assume they are just greed and lazy...

just post it over the internet... see how bad thier customer service is...

btw... jump the conslusion is not cool...

you also can post this message at Performance PC's - performance-pcs.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old November 1, 2010, 09:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd hope when it does arrive you don't have a mountain of customs fees - I got charged over $70 for a $60 order. Apparently "USPS" means UPS....
Old November 1, 2010, 09:16 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Two new emails showing the professionalism of this outfit.
"
Paypal Dispute. Notify other resellers of this customers actions.
"

"
Customer (if you can call call him this) is a complete asshole and just the kind of idiot any online reseller needs to stay away from. Cheapskate on shipping when choosing no tracking, First Class Mail, then cry's the blues if the shipment does not come in 2 weeks. Another loser in Canada trying to infect the US with stupidity and infections to a brain-washed liberalism and a horrible lazy-ass Postal System in Canada.
"
Whoever runs this outfit better be well versed in law, as some of the things they're threatening is swinging awfully close to libel/slander if they do indeed 'blacklist' clients who are wronged by their horrible practices.

Last edited by kev88; November 1, 2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old November 1, 2010, 09:37 PM
Banned
F@H

they wrote that in the paypal thingie? wow
Old November 1, 2010, 09:40 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
they wrote that in the paypal thingie? wow
The store sent those two to me by email.

I'm blown away, as ALL I was trying to gather was when/if my order shipped. If they can't do the decent thing of replying to customer emails, I'm not sure what else we're supposed to do but to open up a dispute to try to get their attention.

Now, I wasn't asking for a refund nor any sort of compensation, just a ship date and what was going on with the order, and that's the sort of correspondence they decide to follow up with.
Old November 1, 2010, 10:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This would be a genuine case of asking LULUMAD BRO?

Now this is quite funny, maybe the guy just had a bad day

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old November 1, 2010, 11:23 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
This would be a genuine case of asking LULUMAD BRO?

Now this is quite funny, maybe the guy just had a bad day
Well, I'd hope that would be true, but it seems like P-PC has had meltdowns with other people too.

Overclockers Forums - View Single Post - Screwed By Performance-Pcs and Dangerden!
XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Performance PCs
Performance-pcs. Really impressed. - Overclockers Forums
Performance PC's - performance-pcs.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

More on google...

Well, even though I might have had a bit of a blowup myself in the paypal in response to his message teeming with anti-canadianism, I have recommended an anger management clinic that may help to manage his temper outbursts.

Last edited by kev88; November 5, 2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old November 2, 2010, 05:49 AM

My System Specs

I've had nothing but great service from Performance PC's, just this last week they missed a fan and he had it shipped out the next day. I make a whole lot of orders from them and the order is always shipped out the same day.

However I do not like what he has said about Canadians in general. If he hates to deal with Canadians, then I guess I'll quit buying from his store. Considering I've spent well over $1500 in the past 4-5 months there.

Not sure where I be buying my gear from now on though.
Old November 2, 2010, 07:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

The worst I've had from them over the years was one or two small items mixed up, but I've been seeing more than a few suggestions over the last year or two that makes it look like they've got some raving nationalist manning their customer service department. And that's the sort of thing that makes you think twice about clicking the order button. For the cost of a couple bucks, I've not above going to one of their competitors.

I know they had some problems a year ago or so with Canadian CC orders, but that's the sort of thing you implement international policies for, not go insulting people over it.

Tags
abysmal cs , performance-pcs sucks , performance-pcs.com , rude performance pc