Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5, 2010, 02:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Levell0rd

I really want to make clear why I was so upset.

You can call a person stupid, or screw with his order, send the wrong stuff, make him pay restock, send the wrong part back after the fact. I dont care, your clientele . But when you have employees with the will and means to call a nation into question and belittle it, that is where I draw the line.

I have always known that I am playing with alittle fire when ordering from PPC's, and I took that into consideration when doing so, but I never knew customers were looked at like this. And the trend was brought to a whole new low on this deal.

I stand by what I have done and you will not earn my business back.

I actually was going to purchase some items from Sidewinders and asked Gary about shipping and he sited some issues they have had with USPS International packages and said they were no longer offering that as a shipping option.

I found that as a respectable way of approaching the problem. If you want the item, pay more for shipping. I think you should seriously consider this if the alternative has come to calling Canadians names and so on. Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Damon
Old November 5, 2010, 03:00 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd View Post
I am in charge of operations at the warehouse. I handle most employee issues and product ordering. I also oversee making sure orders are flowing out properly and am responsible for identifying and fixing product issues.

However, not all employees here are under my authority. I can make strong pleas for change but I do not have the ultimate say in situations such as this, when I nor any of the employees that I control cause. But you can trust in this; get me involved in your concerns, orders, questions, etc. and this will not happen again.
Obviously the problem is not with you. But, you have a severe customer service issue that is affecting your sales. If you can't deal with the people in your organization who are causing it I suggest you pass this information up the ladder to those who can. Looking at reseller ratings, this has been going on for at least 4 years.
Old November 5, 2010, 03:27 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Woah!
I didn't realize my topic would grow so big in only a few days. Sorry for not watching it closer .

My original issue wasn't as much of an issue regarding FCM and the USPS as it was service related. My issue is why I neither got an email when it shipped, nor did my two emails asking for status updates ever get a reply. When I have an issue with ANY online e-tailer, even the huge ones (NCIX), I've never waited more than a few hours during the day for a reply to what would have been a simple query. I don't see any business sense in simply ignoring emails from clients who are ordering your parts :(.

My problem is PPC's didn't understand that the dispute WASN'T to complain about the shipping timeframe, which I completely understood - it was to get an answer to my emails. I explained that in the dispute, and what did I get back? A ton of hostility. I will be posting images shortly of the correspondence to prove it's legitimacy.

James, if you truly want to make things right, I urge you to review the postings, and make a public statement as to what's going to happen.
Old November 5, 2010, 03:40 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Ok,
Ding! Images are done.

Paypal Dispute Center:

My email reply to their rude status update:

2nd email:

My Last email to them, after it seems the guy just wants to fight. (I must digress, I might have been a -little- harsh here. The guy doesn't seem to get it... And at this point I'm getting a bit fed-up.)
:

Last edited by kev88; November 5, 2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old November 5, 2010, 04:17 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd View Post
Please completely read this message. Any issues had can be fixed but this is not the place for arguments or flaming. Feel free to PM me if you have any more specific problems. I have also left my personal email listed as proof of my genuine want to help.

This is James from Performance-PCs. Some of you I have been involved with in the past with your orders, and unfortunately possibly some of the order issues. Some of these issues I am hearing about for the first time. But as long as we're still in business and everyone is still breathing then there is always something that be done to regain lost trust. Again, I will not flamed here or I'll simply stop responding but as far as I can tell from the posts here, you guys simply want help. That I can do.

As you all have eluded to and are completely correct in your statements, what was said in the email responses is completely out of line. If any of you are unsure about an email response from me, please check the signature on the email. My name is ALWAYS on any email I send.

There is a little back story to tell regarding our past issues with some of our Canadian orders. Fraud happens every day, and everywhere. It would just so happen that our biggest stream of fraud orders do come from Canada. The scam was to place an order with us using a proper name and address with a matching billing and shipping. No flags go up because everything matches. We ship the product out and provide a tracking number. The person then waits until UPS attempts a delivery on the package and then calls UPS Canada and requests either to pick the package up or have it delivered to a different address. Because we are not UPS they don't bother to let us know.

Shipping hundreds of orders a day, this could potentially (and did) happen several times a day and there was no way for us to know. When the package was either redelivered or picked up, the transaction would then be disputed with the Credit Card company. The credit card company would ask where the package was delivered to. Well after the person would call and change the address, it was no longer sent to the address listed on our order, or on the credit card and it would be submitted for chargeback as fraud.

But by the time the package is delivered, banks are notified and chargeback statements arrive, the address all the packages were re-routed to (yes, most were re-routed to the same address) the building / house was then empty. So now thousands of dollars of merchandise and the thousands of dollars of money used to purchase those items were not both gone; technically at the hands of UPS. So all credit card transactions to Canada were halted until a better solution could be designed. But even that meant that our true customers were going to experience because if a customer NEEDED to ship to an alternate address we really couldn't do it. Or if the customer really NEEDED to be able to pick their package up, they can't.

So we had quite a bit of customer distaste for our shipping policy changes to UPS and we unfortunately did lose customers over that. And while justified on our part by our experience of going through that situation, those comments should never have been expressed to you all. But honestly we're dammed if we do and dammed if we don't. (A decent beaver joke?)

I will, one at a time, handle your past issues and show you all that we can make this work. Provide all of our customers with the best customer service, price and availability possible. Besides, I hope to travel there at some point, I wouldn't want a lynch mob waiting for me.

I feel as much explanation of our fraud order issue has been had so I will not comment on further. I will be happy to take any questions at this time.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to reply. It is noted and appreciated. I'm very sorry sorry you had a bad experience with a Canadian. It's unfortunate but happens everywhere.

What I don't understand is the attitude, and outright rudeness, that was addressed to a customer. If I spoke like that to anyone at work I would immediately reprimanded if not fired. I don't see myself speaking that way to anyone barring something extremely insulting being said to me first.

That's what shocked me the most.
Old November 5, 2010, 04:19 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

If anybody who ever worked for me used the word 'asshole' in any correspondence to a customer, they'd be fired on the spot. Simple.
Add, stupid, cheap, idiot, obnoxious and loser, and I'd probably chuck him out the front window.
Old November 5, 2010, 07:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
If anybody who ever worked for me used the word 'asshole' in any correspondence to a customer, they'd be fired on the spot. Simple.
Add, stupid, cheap, idiot, obnoxious and loser, and I'd probably chuck him out the front window.
Apparently PPCs doesn't live by the same standards. i'm getting kinda fustrated with the responses James is issuing. He is saying, "deal with me, I'm better" and although that may be so, what kind of standard is this setting? I'm actually one step away from inviting everyone to bring this to their local members of Parliament, as i will plan to do if this does not get resolved in a manner the entire community can appreciate. This is poor business and if PPC's does not fulfill their contractual obligation then its fraud. Plain and simple.

I appreciate James' efforts here, but its not enough, and to be honest, the responses have been carefully constructed to basically state the same things that some of the reps have, but in a more political way. All we're getting here is a personal apology, and the statement that "well, its gonna happen again, cant do anything about it... deal with it"

I'd advise that PPC hire a public relations team that specializes in crisis management, because when this gets out.... and it will.... they will need to retract VERY quickly and offer a VERY strong worded public apology and fire each Rep or person who do not uphold the standards they say they have. If that person is a majority share holder, then i would recommend that they stop dealing with Canadians. Simple.
Its very easy to write a line of html with : US customer service Email ------------ International Customer service email. Done.

Otherwise, fire the arrogant elitist jackass who has the odasity to insult every single Canadian in one swoop.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old November 5, 2010, 08:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Wow those emails.
Old November 5, 2010, 08:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Props to James for coming on here and being a professional! I will say again that I have had many orders with PPC and never had a single issue. I always use Paypal and USPS.

However, seeing the screenshots from that dispute is really quite shocking...

My recommendations to PPC would be to discontinue UPS shipping to Canada completely and add USPS global priority or similar as an express option instead. Any Canadian who has used UPS cross border before knows just how badly they gouge you for customs on delivery.

Also, the person responsible for those comments should be fired immediately. There really is no excuse for treating any customer like that. With the unemployment rate being what it is, it should not be difficult to find people willing to do their job with some professionalism.
Old November 5, 2010, 08:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin1706 View Post
Props to James for coming on here and being a professional! I will say again that I have had many orders with PPC and never had a single issue. I always use Paypal and USPS.

However, seeing the screenshots from that dispute is really quite shocking...

My recommendations to PPC would be to discontinue UPS shipping to Canada completely and add USPS global priority or similar as an express option instead. Any Canadian who has used UPS cross border before knows just how badly they gouge you for customs on delivery.

Also, the person responsible for those comments should be fired immediately. There really is no excuse for treating any customer like that. With the unemployment rate being what it is, it should not be difficult to find people willing to do their job with some professionalism.

With the repeated issues being seen, and my brief brush with their after sales service I am concerned that is it a culture issue that blankets the company. If I had a sales related business with a decimal point of their to date issues I would have a complete overhaul of how things are run. Thats where my problems begin. You have issues, they are your problem.

Far too many businesses that actually care about relations for me to even bother. Daz sent me a Christmas card last year, and I will take that over the third degree and being called an ass 8 days a week.

Tags
abysmal cs , performance-pcs sucks , performance-pcs.com , rude performance pc