Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5, 2010, 11:24 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
customer support related, mr james.
Citing this topic only, the issue here is surrounding comments made to Thread Author, Kev88.

There really isn't more to say about that. And considering the customer mistreated has even had a chance to respond to any of this yet either.
Old November 5, 2010, 11:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd View Post
There truly isn't needing to be any Company Wide Policy update for not treating customers like that. It's completely inexcusable and should have happened that way. It's common human decency. We have no Policy that says I can't call a customer stupid. But for obvious reasons I would never do that. What I can say is if any of you have any concerns with your orders, by all means request for me in the email. Any emails directed to me I will be sure to handle personally. Again, any emails that I send always have my name at the bottom.
There obviously does, or at least control measures that separate certain people from handling international orders or customer service. This and the various other consumer complaints are obvious reasons for that. I completely understand the problems with international shipping, and the risks involved. That's one issue. But at the end of the day by not offering any type of solution is a huge problem. Major retailers here in Canada that deal with the USA have quality control measures that ensure customer service objectives are met and exceeded on a daily basis. Can you say the same today? I'm do not mean to say that its a global issue in your company, and there have been some great results and customer service, as stated here. However, something needs to be done to ensure that this never happens again. Ever. It is inexcusable, and as such something has to be done to fix this problem, or at the end of the day, your company will face the loss of a large consumer base.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old November 5, 2010, 11:29 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

What exactly is your position/Authority at PPC's James?
Old November 5, 2010, 11:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd View Post
There truly isn't needing to be any Company Wide Policy update for not treating customers like that. It's completely inexcusable and should have happened that way. It's common human decency. We have no Policy that says I can't call a customer stupid. But for obvious reasons I would never do that. What I can say is if any of you have any concerns with your orders, by all means request for me in the email. Any emails directed to me I will be sure to handle personally. Again, any emails that I send always have my name at the bottom.
In all fairness guys, I will back this statement, anytime I've dealt with James things were looked after in a proper and professional manner.....James?...to me your not the issue, some of the policies and the way things get dealt with by other employees and even Hank is what leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Old November 5, 2010, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
In all fairness guys, I will back this statement, anytime I've dealt with James things were looked after in a proper and professional manner.....James?...to me your not the issue, some of the policies and the way things get dealt with by other employees and even Hank is what leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Exactly.
I have a huge amount of respect for your stepping up and taking ownership of the problem James. Its very important that someone does. However, ownership with an apology but without an offer of results isn't going to help public image. This is not the first issue in regards to people in your company's attitude towards us Canadians. We are quite civil and polite, one of the few stereotypes that is correct; but when wronged, we do take things seriously and handle things in a very political and ethical manner. All we are asking is that ALL your reps offer us the amount of respect we deserve.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old November 5, 2010, 11:37 AM
Rookie

I copied this from the order submission page, directly above the Payment Selection area:
*** PLEASE NOTE: *** This shopping cart DOES NOT accept INTERNATIONAL credit cards including Canada! If you are outside the USA please select PayPal and use your credit card through their services.

I'm sorry for passing on mis-information. I had an email just last week where I swear I told a customer exactly what this message says and Hank over-stepped and said it was okay. But you are correct, the credit card option is certainly missing from the payment selection screen when using a Canadian, or more aptly any International address.
Old November 5, 2010, 11:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
Exactly.
I have a huge amount of respect for your stepping up and taking ownership of the problem James. Its very important that someone does. However, ownership with an apology but without an offer of results isn't going to help public image. This is not the first issue in regards to people in your company's attitude towards us Canadians. We are quite civil and polite, one of the few stereotypes that is correct; but when wronged, we do take things seriously and handle things in a very political and ethical manner. All we are asking is that ALL your reps offer us the amount of respect we deserve.

And from here forward that is all that should happen.
Old November 5, 2010, 11:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
What exactly is your position/Authority at PPC's James?
I am in charge of operations at the warehouse. I handle most employee issues and product ordering. I also oversee making sure orders are flowing out properly and am responsible for identifying and fixing product issues.

However, not all employees here are under my authority. I can make strong pleas for change but I do not have the ultimate say in situations such as this, when I nor any of the employees that I control cause. But you can trust in this; get me involved in your concerns, orders, questions, etc. and this will not happen again.
Old November 5, 2010, 11:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

"I'm sorry for passing on mis-information. I had an email just last week where I swear I told a customer exactly what this message says and Hank over-stepped and said it was okay. But you are correct, the credit card option is certainly missing from the payment selection screen when using a Canadian, or more aptly any International address."

Thats what I thought

Old November 5, 2010, 12:34 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Am I correct in assuming that you use UPS to ship Canadian orders? If it is UPS that ultimately is the cause of allowing fraud to presist, does it not make sense to eliminate the source of the problem and discontinue use of the courier company to Canada? All courier companies allow persons to re-route packages, so you will have the problem both in Canada and the US.

If you go with USPS, which hands off to Canada Post, they are not able to allow for re-routing by the shipper or receiver, thereby eliminating your problem.

Most Canadian prefer using USPS anyways due to the brokerage issue.

Contrary to popular belief, tracking through USPS and CP IS available; a new tracking number is issued via CP when USPS hands it off to them. You can even get "Registered Mail" for the cheaper "First Class" system for a flat fee, otherwise the Priority Mail USPS boxes are what I always send and receive. They have tracking included and go through Canada Post XpressPost system, so they usually take less than a week to arrive from the USA. Sure it costs $26.95, but the most basic shipping in Canada with tracking is $10 anyways, so we are accustom to the higher fees. My last Priority International box got to me in 4 days from NJ (I'm on the West Coast). Most First Class is about 2 weeks.

Provided you take the time to offer both a basic and expedited offering, and disclaim the expected delays, I really couldn't see a problem.

And the beauty of the USPS system, everything is a flat rate so Canadian shoppers with know exactly what the costs will be for the various options

----

I don't mean to be offensive, but ultimately, given the relative lack of planning, the very limited options and most of all the troubles the company has been running into as a result, it would almost seem wise to completely discontinue service to Canada entirely.

Last edited by FiXT; November 5, 2010 at 12:50 PM.

Tags
abysmal cs , performance-pcs sucks , performance-pcs.com , rude performance pc