Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5, 2010, 11:31 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

I would suggest to PPC to look into getting a better payment processor and/or merchant account that has better integration with the Canadian processors or even look in signing up for a Canadian one, I know of many North American processors who offer excellent options on both sides of the border. Fraud happens no matter where you are, but I don't see many Canadian business (and most American that ship across) having to take the extreme approach that PPC does. I have direct experience in setting up and managing online payment processors, and there are some relatively simple methods to protect yourself from most fraud.

The problems you have with Canadian fraud, are unfortunately largely your own, for using potentially sub-par services and a not very well thought out processing and shipping system. If you are opening yourself for business to another area, then you need to do the proper research, expect the usual troubles that go along with that and either take extra steps to protect yourself or don't offer it at all.

With the Canadian dollar currently at or above parity, and expected to stay there for at least a year, you stand to potentially gain a very lucrative customer base if you can provided them with adequate service. We already have many options open to us and in my experience, especially with American companies, we will tend to go where-ever the grass is greenest.

Last edited by FiXT; November 5, 2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old November 5, 2010, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

James,

After reading this thread, i put a potential order on hold until its resolved. With all due respect, this is now a widely public issue with very serious public relations implications. We (If i make speak for the community) feel insulted by the comments made by one of your reps. I think we deserve an explaination, and an outline of the solution to the problem rather than an effort to explain the shipping process. We all understand the process and the vast majority of us respect that process. What we want to know is what gives one of your reps the right to insult Canadians as a whole. I appreciate the apology, and its a step towards a resolution, but its just the first step in what would ultimately result in restored faith in your services.

What is being done to fix the obvious lack of consumer confidence and the apparent elitist attitudes by some of your reps?

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old November 5, 2010, 12:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
I would suggest to PPC to look into getting a better payment processor and/or merchant account that has better integration with the Canadian processors or even look in signing up for a Canadian one, I know of many North American processors who offer excellent options on both sides of the border. Fraud happens no matter where you are, but I don't see many Canadian business (and most American that ship across) having to take the extreme approach that PPC does. I have direct experience in setting up and managing online payment processors, and there are some relatively simple methods to protect yourself from most fraud.

The problems you have with Canadian fraud, are unfortunately largely your own, for using potentially sub-par services and a not very well thought out processing and shipping system. If you are opening yourself for business to another area, then you need to do the proper research, expect the usual troubles that go along with that and either take extra steps to protect yourself or don't offer it at all.

With the Canadian dollar currently at or above parity, and expected to stay there for at least a year, you stand to potentially gain a very lucrative customer base if you can provided them with adequate service. We already have many options open to us and in my experience, especially with American companies, we will tend to go where-ever the grass is greenest.

I disagree. Our payment processing account was not causing the issue. It was the customer contacting UPS at the delivery Hub and requesting address changes and will call. Then because UPS let them UPS feels they delivered the package and upheld their end of the deal. But our order details weren't fulfilled so we lose. If UPS was delivering the packages to the address we told them to, none of this would have happened.

Last edited by Levell0rd; November 5, 2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old November 5, 2010, 12:04 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
James,

After reading this thread, i put a potential order on hold until its resolved. With all due respect, this is now a widely public issue with very serious public relations implications. We (If i make speak for the community) feel insulted by the comments made by one of your reps. I think we deserve an explaination, and an outline of the solution to the problem rather than an effort to explain the shipping process. We all understand the process and the vast majority of us respect that process. What we want to know is what gives one of your reps the right to insult Canadians as a whole. I appreciate the apology, and its a step towards a resolution, but its just the first step in what would ultimately result in restored faith in your services.

What is being done to fix the obvious lack of consumer confidence and the apparent elitist attitudes by some of your reps?
I understand what you're asking. Unfortunately I feel I will not be able resolve this matter to the completeness you're requesting. I can promise that any situations that I am involved in will not be handled this way. That's honestly the best I can promise. I'm not a Rep. that will tell you what you want to hear to make you happy. Probably not what you wanted to hear but I will not let anyone down.
Old November 5, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd View Post
I understand what you're asking. Unfortunately I feel I will not be able resolve this matter to the completeness you're requesting. I can promise that any situations that I am involved in will not be handled this way. That's honestly the best I can promise. I'm not a Rep. that will tell you what you want to hear to make you happy. Probably not what you wanted to hear but I will not let anyone down.
I understand what you're saying. But by not acting on this, or by not creating policy that fixes the issue at hand, your company is saying "we don't really care, sorry, but its not our fault." This is not only an issue with between an American and Canadian anymore. This has become a global issue and could result in a very serious public relations issue.

The refusal of offering some sort of solution with the apology is like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. I don't want to see someone fired, but rather a method where international correspondence is handled by someone who does not have such a piss poor attitude towards your loyal Canadian customers.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old November 5, 2010, 12:13 PM
Banned
F@H

ok, this incident aside, what about the other complaints?
Old November 5, 2010, 12:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
I understand what you're saying. But by not acting on this, or by not creating policy that fixes the issue at hand, your company is saying "we don't really care, sorry, but its not our fault." This is not only an issue with between an American and Canadian anymore. This has become a global issue and could result in a very serious public relations issue.

The refusal of offering some sort of solution with the apology is like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. I don't want to see someone fired, but rather a method where international correspondence is handled by someone who does not have such a piss poor attitude towards your loyal Canadian customers.
There truly isn't needing to be any Company Wide Policy update for not treating customers like that. It's completely inexcusable and should have happened that way. It's common human decency. We have no Policy that says I can't call a customer stupid. But for obvious reasons I would never do that. What I can say is if any of you have any concerns with your orders, by all means request for me in the email. Any emails directed to me I will be sure to handle personally. Again, any emails that I send always have my name at the bottom.
Old November 5, 2010, 12:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
ok, this incident aside, what about the other complaints?
USPS taking too long to deliver packages?
Old November 5, 2010, 12:19 PM
Banned
F@H

customer support related, mr james.
Old November 5, 2010, 12:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd View Post
... At this time all Credit Card orders are allowed to Canada. Even if the address doesn't match. What we do at this time is simply gather the CC information from the card holder and manually call the Bank to try and confirm the information. Once confirmed the order can go. What this means however is that we must also manually refund each and every transaction manually if it doesn't meet the criteria. Tons of time wasted on refunds. No system is perfect but I appreciate everyone sticking with us while we try to make the best of it. I must add that Paypal was never affected and Money Orders were never affected.
I am confused by this, I just brought up the checkout page and CC options are not available except through paypal...could you clarify your above statement. I came across this email from Hank dated June 11/'10

What exactly is the problem with Paypal? It costs you nothing more and we dont plan on opening up CC on Canada anytime soon. 80% of our fraud orders come from Canada currently.

Hank

Best Regards,
Customer Service, Performance-PCs.com

Tags
abysmal cs , performance-pcs sucks , performance-pcs.com , rude performance pc