Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5, 2010, 07:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You need not worry about a flame war James. I am here to mitigate that.
It is nice to see a customer service Rep actually take to the plate and perhaps deal with these issues.

I do have a question or two though to put in the open forums just so I can understand the intent.

How did you come across this Discussion here at HWC?
How accurate are the inital accusations?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 5, 2010, 07:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
You need not worry about a flame war James. I am here to mitigate that.
It is nice to see a customer service Rep actually take to the plate and perhaps deal with these issues.

I do have a question or two though to put in the open forums just so I can understand the intent.

How did you come across this Discussion here at HWC?
How accurate are the inital accusations?

ST

I received an email from a potential customer. His email read, "I will not order from your site because of this:" (enter link to this topic).

It is not in our policy to answer or respond to forums because of the potential back lash and lack of regulation on a lot of forums. But I just couldn't let this one go.

By initial accusation do you mean the response to the order status?
Whenever we update the status of an order, our system automatically sends the customer an email. So if the person places an order it emails them a confirmation of the order. Once the order is pulled and packed and our shipping department ships the order, they move the order to "Shipped". Our system emails the customer that their order has been updated and the new status is "Shipped". Our shipping program then emails them again with all of the details of the shipping information. So the initial customer would have received two emails saying their order shipped.

I have copied this from our Shipping and Returns policy page:
" US Priority Mail or 1st Class rate have no tracking, no insurance, and can take much longer to arrive based on how fast or slow your Customs Department handles it. So, expect with these two services that the delivery will take 2-4 weeks average."

It really can't be any better explained then that. However, when a customer opens a Dispute with Paypal, their first step is to place a hold on the money and then to wait for us to respond. So we shipped the customers order, emailed them twice with all information available and the customer at least says they read all of our policies as required before being allowed to place any order. Then they email for an update which we won't have information on. USPS policy states that at least 30 days must pass before they will attempt to Trace a package. 45 days depending on the country. But it in this situation it was 14 days, at the beginning of the average delivery window.

So the items are shipped and now the money has been disputed as well, so both product and funds are gone. The only step we can take at that point is protecting ourselves from future situations and no longer accept orders from that customer. We understand that customers are just trying to protect themselves as well but aside from shipping a customer the items they order as quickly as possible and the method they choose, there simply isn't any more we can do. However if the issue has been resolved and payment is restored I can make sure future items are shipped. Just perhaps I might suggest a faster or traceable shipping method be used if the items are time sensitive.

Last edited by Levell0rd; November 5, 2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old November 5, 2010, 07:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd View Post
I received an email from a potential customer. His email read, "I will not order from your site because of this:" (enter link to this topic).

It is not in our policy to answer or respond to forums because of the potential back lash and lack of regulation on a lot of forums. But I just couldn't let this one go.

By initial accusation do you mean the response to the order status?
Whenever we update the status of an order, our system automatically sends the customer an email. So if the person places an order it emails them a confirmation of the order. Once the order is pulled and packed and our shipping department ships the order, they move the order to "Shipped". Our system emails the customer that their order has been updated and the new status is "Shipped". Our shipping program then emails them again with all of the details of the shipping information. So the initial customer would have received two emails saying their order shipped.

I have copied this from our Shipping and Returns policy page:
" US Priority Mail or 1st Class rate have no tracking, no insurance, and can take much longer to arrive based on how fast or slow your Customs Department handles it. So, expect with these two services that the delivery will take 2-4 weeks average."

It really can't be any better explained then that. However, when a customer opens a Dispute with Paypal, their first step is to place a hold on the money and then to wait for us to respond. So we shipped the customers order, emailed them twice with all information available and the customer at least says they read all of our policies as required before being allowed to place any order. Then they email for an update which we won't have information on. USPS policy states that at least 30 days must pass before they will attempt to Trace a package. 45 days depending on the country. But it in this situation it was 14 days, at the beginning of the average delivery window.

So the items are shipped and now the money has been disputed as well, so both product and funds are gone. The only step we can take at that point is protecting ourselves from future situations and no longer accept orders from that customer. We understand that customers are just trying to protect themselves as well but aside from shipping a customer the items they order as quickly as possible and the method they choose, there simply isn't any more we can do.
Actually, I should have been more specific. That Fault is mine, the point where I stated the response to the order was the way in which your CS rep there handled the customer. It is one thing enirely to be told politely that something is within a certain window for delivery, it is another thing to have it told in the ways mentioned above. That is the actual answer I am sure many people want to know.

As well I am curious if there were ever appolgies to be made in this regard? I can fully understand from a buisness standpoint why you would have trepeditations about Canadian buisness if you have a history like that. However it doesn't make all of us Canadians here that way.

In regards to forums and such you will find this one at least to be highly regulated and approachable in stark contrast to many of them that exist today.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old November 5, 2010, 07:45 AM
Rookie

I can't comment on that point in this situation because I am unfortunately only now learning about this. But if an apology has not been made as of yet, allow me. We sincerely apologize for the response received in regards to your order. Our history with orders has absolutely no bearing on anyone else but those directly involved with those individual orders. Blanket (global) statements should never be made and issues with other customers should not be extended to those not involved. I am sorry.
Old November 5, 2010, 08:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd View Post
I can't comment on that point in this situation because I am unfortunately only now learning about this. But if an apology has not been made as of yet, allow me. We sincerely apologize for the response received in regards to your order. Our history with orders has absolutely no bearing on anyone else but those directly involved with those individual orders. Blanket (global) statements should never be made and issues with other customers should not be extended to those not involved. I am sorry.
Thank you Kindly, I am sure that many members and viewers here at HWC will be happy to see this forthcomming.
Perhaps there are ways to renew the customer base.
I will leave it up to the members now in this regard.

You should have no problem in conversing with them, as we here at HWC know what is an appropriate response and what is not. Enjoy your stay.

ST

Old November 5, 2010, 08:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

hello james.i actually have another pending order from ppcs.
paypal snafu,and a yet to be updated cc,has made me do the payment with echeck.-uggh

i have made many orders from the store with zero issues,ever.
i have shipped usps express,usps priority,and many times the 1st class mail for small items,all arrive,and
everything is good.
Old November 5, 2010, 08:23 AM
Rookie

Disgusted with PPC's - XtremeSystems Forums

Lots of work to do.
Old November 5, 2010, 08:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
hello james.i actually have another pending order from ppcs.
paypal snafu,and a yet to be updated cc,has made me do the payment with echeck.-uggh

i have made many orders from the store with zero issues,ever.
i have shipped usps express,usps priority,and many times the 1st class mail for small items,all arrive,and
everything is good.
That's great to hear. See? It works sometimes.
Old November 5, 2010, 10:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I too am glad to see representation, welcome James, too bad its under these circumstances. I've had dealings with James a few times and he has dealt with me with the utmost professionalism. Unfortunately, as already mentioned earlier, I no longer will deal with PPC's unless absolutely necessary. Some of my reasons are similar to others mentioned in this thread, however, the shipping method issue isn't one of them. I believe PPC's has covered themselves as best they can regarding shipping and if we (the Canadian customer) choose USPS to save money then we should be prepared for the possible consequences of delayed or even lost shipments with no insurance.

I understand and respect the credit card fraud issue PPC's experienced forcing them to discontinue Canadian CC orders "until a better solution could be designed", which sadly still hasn't happened, I don't understand why PPC's decided to treat all Canadians as criminals when really all that needed to be done was use a little common sense. I don't see any reason why they couldn't have used some sort of flagging system for existing Canadian customers (regulars if you will) that have ordered many times by CC with no issues whatsoever. When an order is received from, me for example, how much trouble would it be to pull up a history to see that all past CC orders have been trouble free and as long as the details matched up to go ahead and allow that persons CC order to proceed? To me, this simple step could have avoided the loss of potential business and kept many customers happy instead of just slamming the door in our faces, problem solved. While Paypal is an alternative in some ways, I along with many others have had issues using them in the past and dispise using them, so to us they really are not an option we care to use.

As mentioned above, James has been nothing but professional in my books, however the same can't be said for other employees as shown in the OP received emails. I too went through a similar experience just over a year ago and posted it ( Performance-PC's and Canadians ). Now I read this thread and frankly I'm shocked that this sort of thing is still happening. I think Supergover said it best in my above thread "that email smacks of attitude"! To me, it starts at the top and while what I'm about to say may get me banned from ordering from PPC's altogether I feel it needs to be said. I find that Hank simply doesn't give a shit about Canadian business period! As I said, I was trying to work out an arrangement with James to hopefully place some bulk orders, I felt we were working well together, I won't go into details because that is irrelivent. All of a sudden I get an email from Hank stepping in basically saying its this way or no way. Unfortunately I did not keep the emails because frankly I was so pissed off with his attitude that I deleted all their emails and simply haven't dealt with PPC's since.

All I can say is, James? I wish you the best of luck in helping to get some of these issues resolved, starting with the attitude PPC's seems to have with Canadians. I will watch and read and hope that at some point down the road I can feel comfortable about doing business with PPC's again.

Old November 5, 2010, 10:27 AM
Rookie

Your solution sounds easier than it really it. We have several programs in place to try and track multiple orders, fraud orders, mis-matched billing/shipping... At this time all Credit Card orders are allowed to Canada. Even if the address doesn't match. What we do at this time is simply gather the CC information from the card holder and manually call the Bank to try and confirm the information. Once confirmed the order can go. What this means however is that we must also manually refund each and every transaction manually if it doesn't meet the criteria. Tons of time wasted on refunds. No system is perfect but I appreciate everyone sticking with us while we try to make the best of it. I must add that Paypal was never affected and Money Orders were never affected.

Tags
abysmal cs , performance-pcs sucks , performance-pcs.com , rude performance pc