Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2010, 09:11 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

can i get a job with these guys? Id love to be able to say whatever comes to mind at work and get away with it.
Old November 7, 2010, 09:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

This thread is now closed, due to a couple of inappropriate comments by our members.

However, if James, Kev88, or someone from PPC has something else to add, please PM me and I will add your comments to this thread.
Old November 8, 2010, 11:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ
Quote:
That link doesn't work, sorry.
Hi James,

Aren't those the responses and emails posted *after* the paypal dispute was filed? Paypal dispute was filed on Nov. 1, date shown on emails is Nov. 2? I believe those are the emails shown earlier in the thread.

I'm not trying to argue with you here, I just want to post the correct information in this thread. I apologize that a couple of people started posting anti-American comments, that's why I deleted them and closed it.

I intend to give you and Kevin the opportunity to continue posting your responses in this thread, but in a "moderated" fashion.

Regards,
Gord
These are ALL of the emails I have from Kevin. There was nothing prior to them, that's what I'm saying. Unless he sent the emails to the wrong address or something. But our sales address has no record of any emails before the paypal dispute.

So the first notice we received about this customer's order was from Paypal when he filed the dispute. Which in most cases is a sure sign of Fraud, regardless of the country.

I had the same feeling honestly, the more clean cut discussion. I wanted to try and work this out, but everyone else is just kind of exacerbating the situation. Nothing is getting worked out, just fueled.
Thanks for the prompt response.

From what I can see, he was upset he didn't get a response to his inquiry about ship date. You are saying your staff didn't respond because they didn't see an inquiry. Then the unfortunately worded responses started happening after PPC's got notification of the dispute.

Regards,
Gord
Exactly. Our email system stores all emails, even if they're deleted. I have none from him until after the dispute was filed. But I am in no means saying how he was responded to was appropriate. I want that to be clear as well. Why a heated response was provided at all is a little more understandable because it appears as if a customer is trying to get free product. But again the nature of the comments is way off base.

Imageshack - screenshotbt.png
Some more information from PPC's James. I have his permission to post here. Any further responses from Kev88 or PPC staff will be posted in this thread.
Old December 2, 2010, 10:22 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Kev88 asked me to post the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev88
Here is one of the sent emails. The other was sent from my blackberry (through the same email account). I don't care about the $15, I'm fighting this for the principal, as you don't first not deliver products, and second insult your client and his nationality when he trys to get answers to the simplest of questions...

Their heated replies makes more sense now, as it appears as if a company is trying to use scare tactics and intimidation to hide simple mail fraud and poor customer service. IF they want to cry about the $15, I'd be happy to send it back to them, and drag them up here to a Canadian court for failing to deliver on their end. We'll let the court system decide, that would be fair, wouldn't it?

They're trying to pull the wool over the BBB's eyes, and shifting this to me being the bad guy. Here's their reply to my BBB complaint (Which they replied to late, ignoring the BBB in the same way.

I am writing in response to a complaint filed due to non-receipt of an item that was purchased from us. The customer placed an order and chose USPS 1st class mail which has NO insurance and is not trackable. They agree to this when they place the order and it is clearly stated as such on our website. Unfortunately, it is an international package which can take 4-6 weeks to be delivered. We sent him 2 emails when his order shipping stating when it was shipped and the Custom Declaration number of the package. We physically send these 2 emails to ever customer when an order is shipped USPS. He claims that he sent us 2 emails asking for status. I have gone through our emails and we do not have any from him to this affect. We do have a couple of nasty ones from him, however, that he sent after he filed a dispute with paypal to get his money back. He has flamed us on public forums all because he didn't get his package when he wanted and he was the one chose the shipping method. We sent his product the day he ordered it and send it the way he asked us to. All to often customers do not want to pay for a dependable shipping method, and the complain if it gets delayed or lost. To make matters worse, they file complaints and post on public forums which we have to track and respond to in order to try to maintain our reputation. One of the forums has shut down his thread because he could not provide any proof of his accusations and would not respond to the forums moderators/admins. The gentleman has gotten his money. We have already apologized to him publicly on the forums (Where? As I recall, someone just apologized in general with no reflection on the company.) he posted in on the manner he was treated and have expressed our concern in making sure this doesn't happen again. Unfortunately, he continues to move from forum to forum and now to you. This could have been resolved peacefully if he had actually email us like he said he did or even called us and spoke with us. He should not have been emailed like he was, but also keep in mind that it came after 2 threatening emails from him. Right after his 2nd email, he started spreading from forum to forum. We are in the disciplinary process with the person who sent the email and he will be dealt with. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your consideration.
"
Link to screenie: http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/1769/email1.jpg
Now, to be fair, I will add that James from PPC had emailed me recently asking if I had heard from the OP, which I had not. I also mentioned in my response that the OP had not logged into HWC for a period of a couple weeks. However, their stated reason for me closing the thread is incorrect. I closed it because of the heated and repeated statements going back and forth with no resolution in sight.

Again, PPC has stated that they know their response to the Paypal complaint was improper. I leave it to the readers to form their own opinions.
Old December 2, 2010, 02:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn-PPCs
Hello Sugar. I have not had the pleasure of speaking with you yet. My name Jennifer and I am the customer service manager at PPCS. I am writing in regards to the post that you made from the gentleman who is accusing us of mail fraud. I am the one who personally responded to the BBB complaint regarding this issue. Unfortunately, I did make a mistake in my response to them. However, I also did send a corrected response stating the true reason of the thread being closed. This was the response I sent:

Good afternoon. I was reading over my email that submitted and realized that I made an error in stating that the forum was closed to do his not submitting any proof of his accusations. They shut it down due to the forum getting out of hand and the moderator requested that if he had anything to add, to send it to him. He did not submit anything else to them. I do apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you.

I submitted my first response at nearly 5:00pm and I'm sure that they had not read my correction at the time that the notification was sent to him. However, he was very quick to come to you and state how we screwed up again and how we are committing mail fraud. On top of that, he is stating how if we want our $15 back he'd be happy to take us to court. Why hasn't he mentioned that he already got the amount of his full order, $12.73 back? He filed a paypal dispute and got his money back already. The fact is that packages do get lost and that is very unfortunate. But accusations of mail fraud seems a little excessive. Please see the Customs Declaration number that he was also sent at the time his package shipped: Customs Decl. No.: LN074192435US. If you just put the LN number in too google, it will pull up the info for the package. If this was not a true number, then nothing would come up. However, the status shows that the shipment has been accepted and it has not been unheard of for 1st class to take as long as 4-6 weeks. James Davis has apologized for the way he was treated and I will apologize as well. However, this seems to be getting a little out of control. I would appreciate any help you could offer or just post this in the forums. However, I personally wanted to let you know that I did fix my original response to the complaint so that you didn't get the wrong impression about us. Thank you.
And my response to Jennifer:

I will post your message in the thread as quoted above immediately. Thanks for making the clarification.

As for it getting out of control, I'll respectfully disagree, at least on our forum. The reason why I closed the thread to open posting was so that it wouldn't spiral out of control any further, while still allowing yourselves and the complainant the opportunity to post your responses without the distraction of 27 other "PPC is teh suck" type of posts in between.

As I have previously stated, I will continue to post PPC's and Kevin's responses to the thread when requested.
Old January 13, 2011, 10:07 AM
MVP

So guys, I recently ordered from Performance PCs and I would like to replay my experience.

Recently I had been trying to get a NZXT LED lighting kit with a power cable extension, bit I could not figure out what kind of connector it was. I used the forums, e-mailed NZXT, e-mailed people who reviewed the product, and could not get a straight answer. One day someone on the NZXT forums suggested something called a CCFL cable, and linked the product at Performance PCs. I e-mailed them asking if the cable would work, but they were also unsure. Performance PCs then stepped up to the plate and said that if I bought the lighting kit, they would figure out what cable will work for it. Shortly after ordering the product, they concluded that the cable would require modding to work. I just paid the 4.50 it costs to custom sleeve a cable, and they threw in the modding for free. Finally, I ordered my package through USPS as reccommend on their site on Dec 29, it shipped Dec 30, and it showed up at my door on Jan 11.

Really happy with the communication and service, and I will definately consider shopping with them again if I need something custom done.
Old December 19, 2011, 02:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This is what happens when there is a serious communication break down. I to have had shipments go horribly wrong and other than the massive amount time wasted fixing the problem the customer ended up happy. I think I made 10 bux on the whole transaction however I gained a customer for life. If the PPC guys aren't gonna step up to the plate and handle every problem as if it was the most important than they will slowly but surely lose business.

1 unhappy customer will tell every friend he has... happy customers only mention you when someone else they know is talking about it. I hihgly suggest you guys not even give the option of shipping without tracking and insurance. It's simply NOT worth the risk. The person who made the nasty comments about Canadians should simply be fired... If he isn't gonna play on your team then he aint worth the beans.

The OP needs to have a helluva lot more patience... anything out of the states snail mail you shouldn't be worried about stuff for at least 8 weeks. Obviously there are 3 sides to every story here... and normally nasty responces come from prior nastiness.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.

Tags
abysmal cs , performance-pcs sucks , performance-pcs.com , rude performance pc