Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101 (permalink)  
Old November 6, 2010, 10:21 PM
ipaine's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,035

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd View Post
First problem, you were emailed when your order shipped. Twice.

Second problem, a dispute IS to complain because step 1 for Paypal is to deduct the money from our account. Why do so many people feel that getting the credit card people or Paypal involved is a normal stuff of getting information from the vendor? Guy on ebay did the exact same thing. Filed dispute with Paypal to "notify" me that the part didn't work when he got it. Try and work it out first, then if they tell you to pound sand or won't help; then you file for your money back. Not the other way around.

I have reviewed all of the postings, made several statements but don't seem to be getting anywhere. Every response I post there is someone else saying it isn't good enough. Would love to help but I won't be bombarded. Wasn't there ONE author to begin with? What the Rep said is offensive to Canadians, okay. But you all don't need to line up and take your turns posting that.

First thing as the OP said he did not get Paypal involved until after his two emails asking about the delivery went unanswered. So as you said if he doesn't get help then complain to Paypal which he did.

And even if this entire incident was a giant misunderstanding it still does not address the actual issue. That is the absolutely atrocious treatment of a customer. I do commend you on coming to the forum to try to help and that does go a long ways to showing that you are willing to help. But then I see this response and all I see is you attempting to blame the customer again. Sure it was not by calling all Canadian's stupid but the fact is you are immediately try to turn it on the customer. As was said before if you want to turn this around issuing a public apology on your site is about the only way I think you could go. Even more there should be disciplinary action taken against the employee that made the remarks in the first place. I can't think of any workplace that would not take some form of action for statements such as the ones made.

If actions such as those were taken I'm sure that you may be able to gain some of the business back. If not then I just don't see how this will cause a much larger issue then it already is.
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."


Reply With Quote
  #102 (permalink)  
Old November 6, 2010, 10:28 PM
martin_metal_88's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 4,175

My System Specs

Default

^^ To be sorry don't change anything ;) How many time BP CEO said he was sorry :P Work and solution is needed or soome south park will also do an episode on PPC's staff apology. ( look the 2 last episode to understand )
__________________
Ask for more

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Reply With Quote
  #103 (permalink)  
Old November 6, 2010, 10:42 PM
ipaine's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,035

My System Specs

Default

^^^ Just to clarify I agree that being sorry doesn't change a thing, but I do think it is a necessary step for them as a company. That along with some disciplinary action is what has to happen. Even then I don't know if that will be enough for many people.
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."


Reply With Quote
  #104 (permalink)  
Old November 6, 2010, 10:45 PM
SugarJ's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 6,040

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd View Post
I have reviewed all of the postings, made several statements but don't seem to be getting anywhere. Every response I post there is someone else saying it isn't good enough. Would love to help but I won't be bombarded. Wasn't there ONE author to begin with? What the Rep said is offensive to Canadians, okay. But you all don't need to line up and take your turns posting that.
I've stayed out of this until now. But you don't seem to get the point. Regardless of what happened to provoke it, that is no way to treat any customer, and all you are doing is saying sorry, once. You are not promising that it won't happen again, because it's outside your realm of responsibility.

So, now let me say it too. That's not good enough. I've bought from your store in the past. I won't ever again. While we Canadians are usually polite and mild mannered, I think you are finding that we are quite vocal when wronged, and fiercely protective of our nationality. Good luck with your future sales into Canada, because I think you are going to need it.

Disclaimer: The above is my personal opinion only.
Reply With Quote
  #105 (permalink)  
Old November 6, 2010, 11:16 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

any chance you could sign up mr hanky, to hear him out, if possible pretty plz?

we've demonstrated that we are a decent bunch, i hope :)
Reply With Quote
  #106 (permalink)  
Old November 6, 2010, 11:19 PM
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 655

My System Specs

Default

As stated above my wallet will make the decision, however it would be a disservice if I didnt let others know of this thread in order to make their own decisions.... thread viewcount is about to go BOOOM!
__________________
QuadZilla & The Four Horsemen

Have an A-1 day!
Reply With Quote
  #107 (permalink)  
Old November 6, 2010, 11:54 PM
ipaine's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,035

My System Specs

Default

Doing a quick little search I came across something interesting.

From the site Reseller Ratings, I found PPC's response to a review by Kev88. What I find very interesting is how similar it is to their response to the Paypal dispute, just with a slightly nicer tone, yet still insulting. Now what I want to know is, who is actually responding to this review and said Paypal dispute. Is it all the same person or is it multiple people?

From the review reply,

Quote:
11/2/10 12:16 AM
Ordered and picked First Class Mail with no tracking and no insurance (which they checked off to at checkout and agreed to in the store policies) and because they chose to go "cheap" by not picking a traceable shipping method with insurance and tracking they chose to hold the shipper responsible rather then than the "suspect" Canadian Postal Service. Filed a Paypal dispute over delivery (note it is barely 3 weeks now and first class can take 3-5 weeks as it is a slow service). Joke of a customer. Will forward all customer information to other resellers so they are well aware. Stay FAR away.
Also another thought just occurred to me, they mention forwarding all customer information to other resellers. This made me think if they have a privacy policy about customer information, so I went to look, I could not find one. So if they do have one, please let us here know where to find it. If not then that is another concern for me and should be for others as well.
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."


Reply With Quote
  #108 (permalink)  
Old November 7, 2010, 06:12 AM
martin_metal_88's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 4,175

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
^^^ Just to clarify I agree that being sorry doesn't change a thing, but I do think it is a necessary step for them as a company. That along with some disciplinary action is what has to happen. Even then I don't know if that will be enough for many people.

2 or 3 comment above your is a post of me that say the exact same thing. I totally agree that the first thing to do is to clear this agressive service issue.
__________________
Ask for more

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Reply With Quote
  #109 (permalink)  
Old November 7, 2010, 07:04 AM
kruzn4evr's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ajax, Ontario
Posts: 1,801

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levell0rd View Post
So your main idea by using posting there, and here I'm assuming is to get people to stop purchasing with our company. Not to let people know about the issue and perhaps effect change? By your comments here I wonder if anything will ever be enough.
Well, not to side with James and his comments here by any means, however, I feel a definite sense of frustration on his part, that and posting at 12:18am on a Saturday night makes me wonder....well...never mind, I won't get into that. I believe his personal apology was sincere and his overall intentions are to help out in the long run and made an effort to do so IMO.

Having said that, I have to go back to what I said earlier, it all starts with Hank, because of this it could be that James is beating a dead horse because I somehow doubt he's getting any help or sympathy from Hank. Maybe he simply doesn't care therefore won't get involved and chime in, who knows. The odds of seeing an official apology on their website or from Hank himself is most likely zero.

To me, the bottom line in all this is that we have all have to make our own decision about whether we will do business with PPC's in the future or not. For anyone here to expect things will change at PPC's other than perhaps dealing with James directly to hopefully resolve disputes or issues with your orders is IMO only wishful thinking. The old saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" I think maybe describes Hank and the way he runs his business, he likely won't change his ways because of us or anyone else. So basically it is now a "Buyer beware" thing as to whether you place orders with this company.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #110 (permalink)  
Old November 7, 2010, 08:03 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 9

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Doing a quick little search I came across something interesting.

From the site Reseller Ratings, I found PPC's response to a review by Kev88. What I find very interesting is how similar it is to their response to the Paypal dispute, just with a slightly nicer tone, yet still insulting. Now what I want to know is, who is actually responding to this review and said Paypal dispute. Is it all the same person or is it multiple people?

From the review reply,



Also another thought just occurred to me, they mention forwarding all customer information to other resellers. This made me think if they have a privacy policy about customer information, so I went to look, I could not find one. So if they do have one, please let us here know where to find it. If not then that is another concern for me and should be for others as well.
I think they actually cleaned up their RR reply (I might be wrong). When I checked it a few hours after posting my thread, it was much nastier than that...

For their privacy policy, I don't think they have one. Not having one still doesn't exempt them from a libel lawsuit, which I don't think they understand.

No one at PPC has yet contacted me to either apologize, or offer some sort of compensation (Which I would decline. I don't want money/credit/goodies out of this, I want them to apologize and clean up their act).

If PPC took action against the employee and told us what was done, on top of posting a PUBLIC apology which would be linked on their homepage, that would be all I wanted. However, with the approach they've been taking, I don't think this is likely to happen .
Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
abysmal cs , performance-pcs sucks , performance-pcs.com , rude performance pc

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NZXT Customer service... or the lack of... Skyllz Cases 15 February 24, 2010 01:29 PM
Rant - Dell Customer Service CMetaphor Off Topic 21 October 5, 2009 05:57 PM
Zalman Customer Service amorak Video Cards 10 April 9, 2009 10:46 PM
Memoryhouse.com customer service? slugbug Off Topic 2 December 17, 2008 01:13 PM