Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21, 2010, 07:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i bought one and recieved it about a week or so ago. I love it. Its such a great little device. Paired with Calibre software, you can get almost any file type on it.
The screen is amazing. It really does look like its printed, almost like printed ink on a plastic acetate sheet....but not shiney it is very matte and comfortable for reading.

Old December 1, 2010, 04:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I got one for my mom for her birthday and I'm super impressed with it.

My only problem is I keep touching the screen thinking it's touch screen lol, too use to my android.
Old December 1, 2010, 04:54 PM
MVP

Great review looking at these for Christmas present. I also concur on the absolute ridiculous fees UPS charges for brokering customs. I warn anyone shipping cross border, never, ever ship UPS. My $29 dollar purchase had near $40 in brokerage fees. Incredible. But the Kindle looks like a winner for me. Anyone know why Amazon.ca doesn't stock?
Old December 5, 2010, 09:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
Great review looking at these for Christmas present. I also concur on the absolute ridiculous fees UPS charges for brokering customs. I warn anyone shipping cross border, never, ever ship UPS. My $29 dollar purchase had near $40 in brokerage fees. Incredible. But the Kindle looks like a winner for me. Anyone know why Amazon.ca doesn't stock?
I have no idea why they don't stock the Canadian Amazon, but I had no problem getting mine from the US site. I have read more in the last few months than I have in a while, they are a great device.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old March 12, 2011, 04:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I have no idea why they don't stock the Canadian Amazon, but I had no problem getting mine from the US site. I have read more in the last few months than I have in a while, they are a great device.
It is ridiculous. As much love as I have for Amazon.ca, it is about time they started being a shade of the actual US version.
Old March 16, 2011, 10:35 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I agree about amazon.ca should have the Kindle in stock.
Old March 16, 2011, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I love my Kindle 3. The only problem I have is some of the shoddy paper to electronic conversions by Amazon. Some are fine and pose no problems, while others have numerous spelling mistakes, too many spaces between words, other grammatical errors, etc. It's quite obvious they aren't proof-reading all of the conversions.
Old March 17, 2011, 01:57 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I love my (wife's) Kindle. I bought her one for her birthday and we both love it. I have read a few books on it, and my wife has as well.

Amazon also sells a cover with an attached light. The light is powered off of the Kindle. The light works well enough to light the screen if reading in the dark (ie bed).
The light does not drain the battery noticabley.

As stated above, pair the Kindle with Calibre and you can find just about anything. Also there are many free books on Amazon (older material, and less popular stuff)

One thing I will mention. I hate the browser. I find the functionality of the cursor to be the downfall of the browser.

Also if you are buying this to read only, (not to play with the browser) I would recomend the WiFi only Kindle, I have the 3G version, and I haven't used the 3G (other than to test it). Save you money, go WiFi only.

My 2 cents...