Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3, 2010, 07:10 PM
Allstar

Default Corsair 600T Graphite Mid Tower Case Review, by mnpctech.com

YouTube - Corsair 600T Graphite Mid Tower Case Review, by mnpctech.com

Corsair plans to offer window version, but won't reveal when.

200mm Fan specs are 76 CFM @ 24.2 dB-A, RPM of the 200mm fan is roughly 800 or so (+/- 15%)

Fan controller is at least 5W per channel

Release date for the 600T on Newegg in US is Sept 23rd.

Final Thoughts

Overall Design & Construction is Excellent, Itís steel, but feels similar to Aluminum
Excellent Cable Management, anyone can make a cable job look nice in this case.
User Features, fan controller, option for 240 Radiator, adjusts to different length PSUs
Plenty of space, with room to accommondate larger video cards, removable HD cages layout options
Good Filtering, the entire front is filtered, with easy access for cleaning the filters.
Security, with discreet lock for the access panel.

WISH LIST

Window in Access panel version
3rd 200mm intake fan in the Access panel
Metal HD trays, instead of Plastic. fyi: Plastic releases on the optical bays are very durable.
360 Radiator option in the top panel. The space is there... just need to revise the exterior trim design
Color options, at least Silver.
Not going to complain about the $149.99 - $159.99 price tag, I think itís very reasonable.
Old September 3, 2010, 07:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice review Bill! The case is also awesome. Not my style but some of the feature are killer and give this case a lot of charm. Does your finger come with the case in the WC hole I also agree with your wish list, they are all some cheap feature that could be added for cheap and make it a better case. Corsair probably just never think of them. Maybe they heard you over here.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 3, 2010, 08:13 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like a really well-designed case. I just wish it wasn't so ugly.
Old September 3, 2010, 10:45 PM
MVP

Once this case ships with a window to show off that gorgeous interior and white LED fans, I am sold.
Old September 3, 2010, 10:46 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Looks CM Cosmos-ish

I believe that people will purchase the 600T because its exterior does not stand out compared to the CM HAF cases.

When Bill posted the 600T pictures earlier, I added this case to the possible choices that I would use on a future build.

Bill, I like your review and agree with your suggested improvements to the case.

Edit: Bill, do the side panels have a curve or they perfectly flat (where it counts - where a window belongs)?

Last edited by HalifaxPete; September 3, 2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old September 3, 2010, 10:48 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

150 bucks? I know that corsair made it premium, but damn I was hoping the 600t was gonna be more affordable... I just love the gromets and the style, many of those expensive features like locks and stuff I would never use :( if they make a 500t with some of these expensive features omitted I may be able to afford it lol.
Old September 4, 2010, 02:00 AM
Top Prospect

Awesome review Bill I also agree with your wishlist, especially with the window, extra side 200mm fan and metal HD trays Maybe Corsair will check out your video, or maybe they have already, so V2 can be released with these changes in mind!
Old September 4, 2010, 06:20 AM
Allstar

@martin_metal_88, hehe and I'm sure they watched it martin, I sent them the link I'd like to believe I had an influence over the new Optical drive releases. I was in contact with Corsair's Rep while modding the 800D for HWCs, (he sent me the 600T ) The 800D's plastic Optical drive releases weren't removable. I insisted to him that Corsair will avoid replacement inquiries and "claims" if they were made removable. People like me and some Hi-End Gaming PC boutiques want to offer painted versions of your chassis, so everything should be easily removed. The "Modding" community has been a tiny blip on Corsair's radar. They didn't design the 800D anticipating their customers would ever dismantle their $299 tower.

I've been acting as a conduit between Corsair and the mod community, giving them insight into what "Mod Nuts" like about Corsair cases. More manufacturers should do this! NZXT has been doing it for past several years and acknowledges it.

@Zero82z, I actually like it's minimalistic styling, but I also see it as a blank canvas.

@BootlegUsher, it would be very easy to install your own custom window...If you like modding.

@HalifaxPete, Yes, there is a slight arc in the panel toward the front & rear, but won't effect installing a window. I was serious about revising the top exterior trim panel on the 600T for a 360 radiator option, there is plenty of space.

@xlilmissmjx, I sent them the link, thanks for commenting

@0o0, The price should drop over time. There has been so much intrigue in the 600T, that I wasn't surprised to see $159.99, instead of $149.99 that was stated by Corsair at Computex. Corsair proved the market would bare the $299 price tag for the 800D when it was released ..A steel chassis (alum bezel) ..and that blew away a lot of people, including myself.
Old September 4, 2010, 08:05 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnpctech View Post
@Zero82z, I actually like it's minimalistic styling, but I also see it as a blank canvas.
I'm not a fan of all the plastic trim on the outside, or the shape of it.
Old September 5, 2010, 08:31 AM
Allstar

You know, it's really impossible to anticipate every type of question when doing a review. I look back at it, and could have done some things differently and added more data, shots of things, but I don't have the time. I just try to present the facts first, then add my own opinions. It's ultimately your own choice.

I knew CM Sniper comparisons would surface, but felt it wasn't fair to Corsair to bring it up in the review. The top fan control knob is a huge similarity, but otherwise entirely different cases. I figured I would get this out of the way now. I completely dismantled T2's CM Sniper last year HERE It has overall cheaper quality molded plastic. The internal HD trays and tool-less latches in the Sniper are more susceptible to breaking. I busted the tool-less PCI releases not once, but twice! and I'm not hard on cases. The Sniper's top fan control is flimsy compared to 600T. The Sniper's MB tray is smaller, lacks cable the big holes. It does have perforated side panel and space for tucking wires, but only because of it's bulges. The Sniper has more fan options. It is cheaper than 600T if you shop around, $40 - $50 less... You either love or hate it's industrial style exterior... I do think the 600T's minimalistic exterior will have more longevity for most people's tastes.

Here are the fan specs I could find for each case. There is no proof anywhere that these are 100% accurate.

CM SNIPER Fan Specs:

Front: 200x30mm Blue LED Fan x 1 (110 CFM, 500 - 1000rpm, 17 - 23 dBA)

Top: 200x30mm Blue LED Fan x 1 (110 CFM, 500 - 1000rpm, 17 - 23 dBA)
(can be swapped for two 120mm fans or 120x240mm Radiator)

Rear: 120x25mm Standard Fan x 1 (45 CFM, 1200rpm, 17 dBA) (can be swapped for 90mm fan or 80mm fan)

CFM Total = 265

Corsair 600T Graphite Fan Specs:

Front: 200x30mm White LED Fan x 1 (76 CFM, 800 rpm, (+/- 15%) 24.2 dBA)

Top: 200x30mm White LED Fan x 1 (76 CFM, 800 rpm, (+/- 15%) 24.2 dBA)

Rear: 120mm x 24mm Fan x 1 (42 CFM, 1200 rpm, 27 dBA)

CFM Total = 194