Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31, 2010, 05:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapmaster View Post
How is the UI, is it too cartoony? intuitive?
Well, the desktop is mostly like all the other touch phone or the Iphone. Almost the same icon. But the menu are a bit hard to dig in if you are not a big IT fan. So there is a bit of work to do with menu option but the overall is good. For the apps and widget the phone is perfect and easy to use. Same way as a Ipod would be. There is also some nice option like group the apps, add a new page or remove one, move a apps to a page or another etc...These are little attention that Android give you that make the phone nice.

i almost forget, the samsung software for the phone to plug it on computer, Samsung Skys...suck hard:) but you don't have to use it many often...it can be plugged as a USB device.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old August 31, 2010, 10:24 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Hows the call quality? Reception?
Old September 1, 2010, 06:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolab View Post
Hows the call quality? Reception?
Recepetion on the signal side is nice. As I say in the review it was pretty nice is a concrete building ( sometimw loosing signal in the cellar )

For the call reception, the call speaker quality is pretty nice and it give good and clear, also loud. And for the call send. My friend told me that the voice quality they receive was pretty nice. Clear, easy to understand and not so noisy when in a noisy area.

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 1, 2010, 03:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How's the GPS? Lots of bugs with the GPS.

GSM Arena gave the phone perfect audio quality. It's actually on par with the iPhone!
Old September 1, 2010, 03:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

I don't believe Swype is a Samsung product. Though I think Samsung used it commercially first.
Old September 1, 2010, 03:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
How's the GPS? Lots of bugs with the GPS.

GSM Arena gave the phone perfect audio quality. It's actually on par with the iPhone!
Yes it's really decent for a phone but you have to play alot with the equalizer because the default setting simply suck. Also, it can't compare to any good MP3 like creative labs or Archos.

No problem with GPS. Some have been listed in a previous post but nothing serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
I don't believe Swype is a Samsung product. Though I think Samsung used it commercially first.
I dunno, but I like it:P

Martin_metal_88

Old September 1, 2010, 03:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

These, Swype | Text Input for Screens, would be the creators of the swype software.
Old September 1, 2010, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

would be nice to have a sofware that work with touch screen laptop.

Martin_metal_88

Old September 3, 2010, 08:08 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post

Swype. What is Swype? Itís a Samsung input method of swyping between each letter of a word to right it. Here is a little video demo. And yes you can go this fast and it still work like a charm:P it even work great in French!!! Wow!
Swype is really awesome but i wish i could set up multi-language. Mine is set to french but when i want to talk in english in forum i can't use it without switching the language.I kinda hate that... Have you found a method to have at least 2 languages in swype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
I've got some movies that I've ripped to use on my Iphone and I tried them on the Galaxy aswell and my Iphone did a much better job displaying them. I found the Galaxy I bit more pixelated especially on darker scenes.
The Iphone resolution isn't the same as the Galaxy S so it may be why you get the ripped video more pixelated. As for me, i really like the playback quality. The color are awesome with ripped video with the right resolution. The black is black, the screen really excel in the dark scene. The viewing angles are excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Also, did you have issues with the GPS? There is some mention, at least in the states, that it has issues connecting to GPS or maintaining connection.
My gps doesn't always lock when i am in the house but outside it work good.The Froyo update is supposed to fix all that kind of problem and is due at the end of september. (GPS, Lag, speed)
Old September 3, 2010, 08:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slay3r View Post
Swype is really awesome but i wish i could set up multi-language. Mine is set to french but when i want to talk in english in forum i can't use it without switching the language.I kinda hate that... Have you found a method to have at least 2 languages in swype?

No, I go in the option and change the swype laguage. I never think of multi language but it could be really nice.

Martin_metal_88