Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was just wondering Meta, what is the system you are running in the case and how it is about temp and silence?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old August 31, 2010, 01:39 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
I was just wondering Meta, what is the system you are running in the case and how it is about temp and silence?
Those questions will be answered once I get some pictures in . But in a nutshell: Athlon X4 635 under a Scythe Orochi, 780GX motherboard. Just remember that silence is subjective... but in My Opinion, the "quiet" Yate loons I installed in the top of the case are too noisy and vibrate the case too much to be used at full speed - theyre running @ 7v now and are Okay for the moment. I'll be replacing them soon though, as I don't like using fan controllers when I can't easily control them (using Fractal's PCI slot fan controller right now).
Old August 31, 2010, 01:50 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Those questions will be answered once I get some pictures in . But in a nutshell: Athlon X4 635 under a Scythe Orochi, 780GX motherboard. Just remember that silence is subjective... but in My Opinion, the "quiet" Yate loons I installed in the top of the case are too noisy and vibrate the case too much to be used at full speed - theyre running @ 7v now and are Okay for the moment. I'll be replacing them soon though, as I don't like using fan controllers when I can't easily control them (using Fractal's PCI slot fan controller right now).
Yate Loons aren't great for silence altogether. You'd be better off grabbing some of the medium or low-speed Slipstreams from DirectCanada.
Old August 31, 2010, 02:14 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Yate Loons aren't great for silence altogether. You'd be better off grabbing some of the medium or low-speed Slipstreams from DirectCanada.
Ill probably pick up some Gelids, Nexus', Enermaxs, or similar. No leds tho.
Old February 18, 2011, 01:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

After looking long for a perfect file server case I ended up picking the R3 black pearl. Now, I have to say that it was a abd choice. I have no idea about your's but the mobo stand off one mine are a bit off track and also the marking near them is wrong. Dosen't matter to me but someone with less experience would put some stand off in hole that will end behind the mobo isntead of under the mobo screw hole. Which would make a short. 2 of them are marked as ATX when they are definatly not. I also found that the plastic feet were pure crap. Mine have a broken feet and a seocnd one is cracked. But the box is in perfect condition. I suspect the screw used to fix the feet were to tight causing the plastic to break during shipping. I also endend in a little issue with the side panel noise canceling material wasn't sticking to the panel. After all this, I will go back to my local shop and get another case because I'm anoyed with that case.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 12, 2011, 06:04 AM
Rookie

Just bought the R3 Black Pearl. I haven't had any of the above problems.
Old December 12, 2011, 02:54 AM
MVP

Thank you for the candid evaluation of this case.

I was going to get one but an air filter that doesn't fit right and and grommets that fall out at will plus a flimsy top case section..as a trade worker I have dealt with that stuff all to often... no thanks

I just modded my old Antec P180B and made room for more wires behind it instead for now.
Mushkin #997007
Noctua NH-D14
Gigabyte GTX 660
Seasonic X-660
Corsair 540 Cube
Noctua case fans
Intel Speed Demon x 2

using Prime 95 27.9