Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 30, 2010, 08:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well as a benchmark, I can get anywhere between 6-7h out of my 9-cell in my m1330. That's typically just with web browsing and maybe some MS Word and stuff. I have LED backlight, T8100 CPU and Intel X3100 graphics along with a 60GB Vertex.

I'm curious if i3 and DDR3 net any major power savings, or if it ends up being the same. Sounds like it's thinner than my XPS too since my battery sticks out a fair bit. Makes it awkward in my backpack.

And the mouse button is glossy? Odd choice, but at least it's silver so I doubt it'll be too noticeable. Only concern I see is the glossy black around the screen.
Old May 30, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You could Prime95 it and see how long the battery lasts... or maybe with furmark.

Will you be going any gaming benchies?

-Plato
Old May 30, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am going to be doing some games, mainly Far Cry 2 and Dirt 2.

If anyone has another suggestion of maybe a little bit older game I could see if I can get it done. As it is I have done the far cry benches, but have to make just a few more runs, and have done Dirt 2 runs but am redoing them as I now have the SSD in it so I want to see if it makes a difference. Hence the reason I do not have this up yet.

Old May 31, 2010, 06:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

How about some Source-engine games? L4D/L4D2, TF2, CSS, etc.
Old May 31, 2010, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
How about some Source-engine games? L4D/L4D2, TF2, CSS, etc.
Well I was thinking about doing Half-Life 2: Episode 2 anyways so I will install that game as well and do some benches on it.

Old May 31, 2010, 09:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can't wait to see the benches, my only gripe still with this revised UL30VT is the fact that they need to split the damn mouse bar in half, I cant for the life of me click anything properly without looking like I'm breaking the damn mouse button in half. Would be interested in the battery life tests the most. My own UL50VT is rated for 12 hours but its a stretch to get it to 8hours at least with absolute min everything

Old May 31, 2010, 10:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok first set of benches are done. Will have the game ones up later tonight or tomorrow.

Old June 1, 2010, 07:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Mind doing the battery test you did on Intel graphics, with the NVIDIA graphics as the primary? One review I read said the NVIDIA graphics were actually more efficient. Gave like an extra .5h I believe.
Old June 1, 2010, 09:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not sure where you read that the Nvidia was more efficient, I might have to try and see. But for my tests I had it set to only use the Nvidia on the heavy use only. I had it set to only use the Nvidia when needed for the other tests.

Old June 1, 2010, 10:13 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
In dedicated graphics mode, the system stayed on for eight hours and 15 minutes and set to integrated graphics mode the system stayed on for seven hours and 35 minutes (no those numbers aren't switched around). While set to integrated preferred in the control panel the notebook actually consumed slightly more power than when it was set to dedicated preferred without the graphics being stressed.
ASUS U30JC-A1 Performance, Benchmarks and Conclusion

I know, it puzzles me too which is why you can test to confirm/deny it